While working in an Excel workbook you can add comments in a cell which works as a reminder or explanation. If you insert a comment in a cell, a red triangle will appear at the top of the cell to indicate a comment. This is very helpful if we work with a large dataset and different users use the dataset. Once you add a comment in a cell you can change the format, resize and edit them according to your choice. Sometimes you might want to hide all comments in a worksheet for working advantages. In this article, I will show you how you can hide all comments in excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
3 Easy Methods to Hide All Comments in Excel
Hiding all comments is an easy process if you follow the following methods. Following the article, I will explain 3 simple methods to hide all comments in excel.
Suppose we have a dataset of a company’s account workbook where the user added several comments in different cells showing payment history. Now with the help of excel’s built-in feature, I will show you how you can hide those comments quickly.
1. Utilize Review Tab to Hide All Comments in Excel
Using the review option you can hide all comments in excel. Follow the steps below-
- In your workbook click on the review tab.
- Press the “Show All Comments”.
- You will see all the comments are hidden. It’s that easy. If you want to get all the comments displayed you can press the “Show All Comments” again to view all comments.
- How to Extract Comments in Excel (3 Suitable Examples)
- [Fixed!] Comments in Excel Far Away from Cell (3 Possible Solutions)
- How to Reference Comments in Excel (3 Easy Methods)
- Export PDF Comments into an Excel Spreadsheet (3 Quick Tricks)
- How to Remove Comments in Excel (7 Quick Methods)
2. Use Format Cell Option to Hide All Comments in Excel
If you want to hide all comments manually then you are in the right place. Go through the steps below-
- From the dataset select a cell where you see a comment. Here I have selected cell (D5).
- While the cell is selected click the right button on the mouse.
- From the pop-up options click the “Hide Comment”.
- As you can see the comment is hidden according to the command.
- Simultaneously, do the steps for all the cells to hide all comments.
- This way you will be able to hide all comments from your workbook easily.
3. Utilize Excel Options to Hide All Comments in Excel
Sometimes you might feel disturbed by all the comments popping up in the window. In that case, you can hide all the comments and indicators too from your worksheet. In this method, I am sharing with you the process of hiding all comments using the excel options feature.
- Click the “File” tab from the top of your workbook.
- Choose options from the left column.
- A new window will appear.
- From the new window select “Advanced” and choose “No comments or indicators”.
- Press OK to continue.
- Thus you will see we have successfully hidden all comments from our dataset in a small fraction of time.
Things to Remember
- While working with format cell options in method 2, you cannot hide all comments selecting all the cells from the dataset. This process works for one selected cell only.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the simple methods to hide all comments in excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. Hope you find it useful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the Exceldemy team, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.
- How to Extract Comments from Word Document into Excel
- Difference Between Threaded Comments and Notes in Excel
- Convert Comments to Notes in Excel (3 Suitable Ways)
- How to Export Instagram Comments to Excel (with Quick Steps)
- Read Full Comment in Excel (6 Handy Methods)
- How to Print Comments in Excel (4 Suitable Ways)
- Remove Pop-up Comments in Excel (4 Suitable Ways)