The article will show you how to solve the issue of Excel Pie Chart Leader Lines not showing. Pie Chart is one kind of graphical presentation of statistical data. This chart stores data based on the ratio of one particular data and the entire data of the dataset. It’s a simplified demonstration of how the data is distributed in a group. We can use Excel to show our data in a Pie Chart. Leader Lines of a data in a Pie Chart is just the connection line between that data and its position in the Pie Chart. These Leader Lines are often invisible in the Pie Chart. We will show you how to fix this issue in this article.
Download Practice Workbook
What Is a Pie Chart?
A Pie Chart is a circular graph where we distribute the proportion of the data as some sector areas of that circle. For instance, you have some books on different topics: one book of Physics, two books of Chemistry and three books of Mathematics. This means there are 16.67% Physics books in that group of books, 33.33% of them will be Chemistry and 50% will be Mathematics. If we put these data in a Pie Chart, the chart (circle) will contain 16.67% of its area for Physics, 33.33% for Chemistry and 50% for Mathematics.
3 Steps to Solve Excel Pie Chart Leader Lines Not Showing
In the dataset, we have the number of students in different class in a school.
Step-1: Making Pie Chart Using Data
We need to make the Pie Chart using the given data first. Let’s see the process below.
- First, select the C4:C10 and go to Insert >> Pie Chart >> 2D Pie Chart. You can select other Pie Chart options if you want.
- After that, you will see the Number of Students presented in a Pie Chart.
Read More: How to Make a Pie Chart with Multiple Data in Excel (2 Ways)
Step-2: Formatting Data Labels in Pie Chart to Show Leader Lines Conveniently
In this section, we will format our Pie Chart a little bit. We will show the Number of Students in the sectors of the Pie Chart.
- To do that, click on the Plus icon of the Pie Chart and check Data Labels..
- After that, click on the Arrow icon and select More Options…
- Thereafter, in the Format Data Labels, you must check Show Leader Lines. You may check other options for convenience.
- In addition, we selected Outside End as the Label Position.
Step-3: Dragging Data Labels to Show Excel Pie Chart Leader Lines
This section will show you the process of revealing the Pie Chart Leader Lines. Please follow the description below.
- After the formatting we did in Step 2, we will see the Pie Chart as the following picture. We won’t see any Leader Lines in it.
- Next, select the Data Label “52, 15%” and drag it a little bit outside. You will see the corresponding Leader Line marked in the following picture.
- Thereafter, drag all the Data Labels outside of the Pie Chart one by one. This operation will bring out all the hidden Leader Lines of these Data Labels.
By following these processes, you can easily show the Leader Lines of an Excel Pie Chart.
Read More: Add Labels with Lines in an Excel Pie Chart (with Easy Steps)
Here, I’m giving you the dataset of this article so that you can make a dataset like this on your own.
In conclusion, we can hit the bottom line by saying that you will learn the most used basic procedure of showing the Leader Lines of an Excel Pie Chart. If you have any better methods or questions or feedback regarding this article, please share them in the comment box. This will help me enrich my upcoming articles. For more queries, kindly visit our website ExcelDemy.
- How to Make a Pie Chart in Excel with Words (with Easy Steps)
- Make Pie of Pie Chart in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Create a 3D Pie Chart in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- Change Pie Chart Colors in Excel (4 Easy Ways)
- How to Make Two Pie Charts with One Legend in Excel
- How to Explode Pie Chart in Excel (2 Easy Methods)