Pie charts are regularly applied due to the fact they may be greater visually attractive and easy for all audiences to understand. Each part of the pie chart, which is divided into a couple of segments, represents a specific subcategory of the unique information set. As every subcategory shows the percentage of information, this subcategory information is every now and then displayed the use of the unique values and in different instances the use of percentages. In this article, we will show you how to display percentage and value in Excel Pie Chart.
Download Practice Workbook
You may download the following Excel workbook for better understanding and practice yourself.
Step by Step Procedures to Show Percentage and Value in Excel Pie Chart
A pie chart shows a dataset or the proportionate outcome of an analysis. Daily computations mainly utilize this Excel capability. To do so, we will apply the Format Data Labels option creating a pie chart first. Let’s say we have a sample data set to show Percentage and Value in Excel Pie Chart using step by step procedure. We will discuss the steps below.
Step 1: Selecting Data Set
- Firstly, select all the columns from the given data set.
Step 2: Using Charts Group
- Now, select the Insert tab.
- Then, select the Insert Pie Chart command from the Charts group.
Step 3: Creating Pie Chart
- Now click on the 2-D Pie Chart command, which is marked with a red color rectangle.
- The above data set shows this pie chart.
Step 4: Applying Format Data Labels
- From the Chart Element option, click on the Data Labels.
- These are the given results showing the data value in a pie chart.
- Right-click on the pie chart.
- Select the Format Data Labels command.
- Now click on the Value and Percentage options.
- Then click on the anyone of Label Positions. Here, we will click the Best Fit option.
- This is the final pie chart in Excel which shows the percentage and value simultaneously.
In this article, I’ve covered step by step process of how to display Percentage and Value in a Pie Chart. I sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. Additionally, if you want to read more articles on Excel, you may visit our website, Exceldemy. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.