Sometimes, the size of an Excel file can be significant if it contains a large amount of data. If your Excel file contains a large amount of data, it may function slower. There are several ways to reduce the size of an Excel file. Users need to reduce Excel files with larger data sets for better performance. In this article, we will show you how to reduce the size of an Excel file without opening it.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the free Excel workbook here and practice on your own.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Reduce Excel File Size Without Opening
Excel users may need to reduce the size of their Excel files to increase functioning speed or while sharing the file. You can reduce the size of an Excel file in various ways. But, most of the ways need to open the Excel file first. In this article, you will see the step-by-step procedures of how to reduce the size of an Excel file without opening it. We will describe the whole procedure in five easy steps.
Step 1: Finding an Excel File
In our first step, we will find the particular Excel file whose size we will reduce.
- First of all, go to the specific folder where the Excel file is located.
- Then, select the particular Excel file.
Step 2: Choosing Properties of Excel File
In the second step, we have some actions to perform.
- First of all, right-click on the particular Excel file.
- Then, you will find many options after right-clicking.
- Consequently, select the Properties command.
Step 3: Utilizing Advanced Option
Now, after selecting the Properties command, we have to perform some more actions.
- First of all, you will see the property box of the particular Excel file after selecting the previous command.
- Then, click on the Advanced button in the dialogue box.
Step 4: Compressing Contents of Excel File
Fourthly, we will perform the last step of our whole procedure.
- Consequently, after clicking the Advanced button, the Advanced Attributes dialogue box will pop up.
- First of all, mark the option named Compress contents to save disk space.
- You will find the option under the Compress or Encrypt attributes heading.
- Then, press OK.
Step 5: Final Result
Lastly, we have completed the last step of our procedure.
- Finally, we will check the particular Excel file after the above step.
- Consequently, we will see two blue arrows on the icon of the Excel file.
- So, we have successfully finished the steps to compress our Excel file.
That’s the end of this article. I hope you find this article helpful. By following the above steps, you will be able to reduce the size of an Excel file without opening it. Please share any further queries or recommendations with us in the comments section below. The ExcelDemy team is always concerned about your preferences.