Subtracting percentages is a very common affair in our day-to-day life. Especially when we need to calculate any price without a discount, we need to subtract that discount rate in percentage. Microsoft Excel has made this subtraction a lot easier. In this article, we will learn how to subtract 10 percent in Excel in three easy ways. Afterward, we will also show the process of subtracting 10 percent from a column. So without further delay, let’s hop into the methods.
How to Subtract 10 Percent in Excel: 3 Easy Ways
To illustrate the processes, we have prepared a sample dataset here. It shows information on five types of Products with their Prices in columns B and C.
Now, we will subtract 10 percent from each of the product’s prices to get the new price, following the methods below.
1. Use Conventional Method to Subtract 10 Percent
In this first method, we will apply the conventional method in Excel to subtract 10 percent. Let’s see the process below.
- First, type this formula in cell E5.
- Then, press Enter, and you will see the new price after a 10 percent deduction.
- Following, apply the AutoFill tool up to cell E9 to get all the new prices after subtracting 10 percent.
2. Subtract 10 Percent with Advanced Formula
Here is another process to subtract 10 percent with an advanced formula in Excel. Follow the steps below.
- First, insert this formula in cell E5.
- Next, hit Enter to get the first price after 10 percent subtraction.
- Lastly, copy this formula in cell range E6:E9 to get the final output.
3. Insert Another Cell Reference for Subtraction in Excel
In this last section, we will try to take a reference from another cell to subtract 10 percent. Here is the process for doing this.
- First, type 10% in cell C11.
- Then, select cell D5 and type this formula.
- Afterward, press Enter to get the new price.
- Lastly, use the AutoFill tool to get the final output in cell range D6:D9.
How to Subtract 10 Percent from a Column in Excel
So far, we learned to subtract 10 percent from cells. But what to do when you want to subtract a percentage from an entire column? In this section, we will give a quick solution to this. Carefully follow the process.
- In the beginning, type 10% in cell C11.
- Then, type this formula in cell C12.
- Afterward, press Enter to get the Remaining Percentage.
- Now, copy the cell range C5:C9 by pressing Ctrl + C.
- Following, paste it on the cell range D5:D9 by pressing Ctrl + V.
- Next, select cell C12 and press Ctrl + C to copy the value.
- Then, select the cell range D5:D9 and press Ctrl + Alt + V.
- Right after that, you will see the Paste Special dialogue box.
- Here, select Values as the Paste option and Multiply as Operation.
- Lastly, press OK.
- That’s it, you will get the new prices all at once after subtracting 10 percent.
Download Practice Workbook
It will be easy for you if you download the working file that I have used to write this tutorial. Please download the file, first, by clicking on the link below.
Henceforth, we hope it was a helpful article for you on how to subtract 10 percent in Excel in 3 easy ways. We also tried to guide you on subtracting 10 percent from an entire column. Let us know your suggestions in the comment box.
- Excel Formula to Add Percentage Markup
- How to Do Sum of Percentages in Excel
- How to Add Percentage to Price with Excel Formula
- How to Add 20 Percent to a Price in Excel
- How to Subtract a Percentage in Excel
- How to Add 10 Percent to a Number in Excel
- How to Add 15 Percent to a Price in Excel
- How to Subtract a Percentage from a Price in Excel
- How to Use Excel Formula to Calculate Percentage of Grand Total