Whether you are wondering how to remove a chart border in Excel, you have come to the perfect spot. We regularly need to build charts in Excel for the purposes of various jobs or projects. To properly display or portray the chart, we must eliminate the borders. In this post, we will look at how to remove a chart border in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from the following download button.
Steps to Remove Chart Border in Excel
Assuming that we have the following data of the accompanying figure, we are going to discuss an Excel process to remove the chart border. In this data, we have Year, Worldwide Inflation (%), and Average Closing Price of Oil ($) columns.
After proper procedures, we created an Excel chart with this data like the following image.
As we see, there is a border around the chart and for some reason, we need to remove the border part from the chart. Let’s see the workaround.
⦿ Step 1: Click on Chart and Select ‘Format Chart Area…’ Option
- Firstly, in order to remove the chart border, we will choose the chart of the Relationship Between Inflation and Oil Price >> right-click on the mouse, and then select Format Chart Area.
⦿ Step 2: Select ‘No Line’ Radio Button from Format Chart Area Pane
- Now in the Chart Options, go to Border >> No Line.
- Notice that the thin border line is no longer there.
How to Change Chart Border in Excel
Now if changing borders may sometimes be a better option than No Border. In that case-
- Go to the Chart Option, and then go to Border >> Solid Line. Excel users may opt to change Border Color, Width, Cap Type, Join Type, and so on.
- After modifying according to the previous image, the chart will look like the following image.
Follow these steps and stages on how to remove a chart border in excel. You are welcome to download the workbook and use it for your own practice. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please leave them in the comments section of our blog ExcelDemy.
- Add or Remove Dotted Border in Excel (4 Easy Ways)
- How to Cancel Moving Border in Excel (4 Quick Tricks)
- [Fixed!] Table Border Not Showing in Print Preview (2 Solutions)
- How to Print Borders at Page Break in Excel (2 Quick Methods)
- Apply Top and Bottom Border in Excel (5 Examples)
- How to Add or Remove Cell Borders in Excel
- Remove Page Border in Excel (3 Methods)