You might discover that, whether your worksheet includes a column chart or a line chart, you need to include arrows in the column chart to demonstrate how the numbers are related to one another in terms of increasing or decreasing. The arrows cannot be added to the column bar in a direct way, but you can sketch the arrow forms and paste them into the column chart. This article will show you how to add an arrow to an Excel graph.
Download Practice Workbook
You may download the following Excel workbook for better understanding and practice it by yourself.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Add an Arrow in Excel Graph
Here, we will demonstrate to you to add arrow in an Excel graph by creating a bar graph first then we will use the Shapes option from the Illustrations command for creating arrow in the graph.
Step 1: Creating Data Set with Proper Parameters
In this step, we will create our data set, including some products and their profit at a particular date.
- In order to create a chart, we will first create a data set first.
Read More: How to Draw Arrows in Excel (3 Simple Ways)
Step 2: Utilizing Charts Group
Excel’s charts group provides a range of chart types. In particular, many charting tools enable users to visualize complex data in straightforward, graphical forms.
- Firstly, select the Product and Profit column.
- Firstly, go to the Insert tab after selecting the data range from the given data set.
- Secondly, choose the Insert Column or Bar Chart from the Charts group.
- Thirdly, select the Clustered Column option from the 2-D Column.
Read More: How to Add Up and Down Arrows in Excel (4 Easy Ways)
- How to Add Trend Arrows in Excel (3 Suitable Ways)
- Change Cursor from Plus to Arrow in Excel (5 Easy Methods)
- How to Remove Drop Down Arrow in Excel (6 Methods)
Step 3: Making Bar Chart
When comparing precise data groups like frequency, quantity, range, or measurements, bar charts can be helpful. They are also employed to show patterns.
- As a result, you will see the output graph in the below image.
Read More: How to Insert Red Arrow in Excel Cell (5 Examples)
Step 4: Using Shapes Option to Add Arrow in Excel Graph
- Firstly, go to the Insert tab.
- Secondly, click on the Illustrations command.
- Thirdly, choose the Shapes option from the Illustrations command.
- Finally, select the Up and Down arrows whatever you want from the Block Arrows option.
- After that, you can format the arrows’ styles as necessary by dragging the mouse to design them whatever you want.
- Then, press CTRL+C for copying the arrow.
- Besides, click on the column in the graph, and all the columns will be selected.
- Lastly, press CTRL+V to paste the arrow in the column.
- Finally, you will get the following outcome where all the columns act as an arrow in the bar graph.
Read More: Up and Down Arrows in Excel Using Conditional Formatting
In this article, I’ve covered step by step process of how to add an arrow to an Excel graph. I sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. Additionally, if you want to read more articles on Excel, you may visit our website, Exceldemy. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.