Charts are very important tools to visualize and represent data attractively. While working with excel charts, sometimes you need to Align the Charts in Left, Right, or Center positions. Aligning a chart is a very easy process in Excel. In this article, I would like to show you how to Left Align a Chart in Excel with 2 simple steps and necessary illustrations. I hope you will enjoy the process and can develop your excel skill.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the practice workbook to practice yourself.
2 Quick Steps to Left Align a Chart in Excel
Let’s consider a dataset of Product Sales of ABC Company. The dataset has two columns B and C representing Product Code and Sales Amount. The dataset ranges from B4 to C9 cells. From here, I will explain how to Left Align a Chart in Excel with the necessary steps and illustrations.
Step 1: Insert a Scattered Chart
- First, Select the whole dataset.
- Then, Go to the Insert tab in your Toolbar.
- After that, Select the Scattered Chart
- Hence, Select the second option.
- Consequently, you will get the chart just like the picture given below.
Read More: How to Left Align in Excel (3 Handy Ways)
Step 2: Align Chart on the Left Side
- Select the chart first.
- After that, you will find 8 points around the chart.
- Select any of the three indicated points.
- Then, Drag any of these three points.
- As a result, you will find the newly aligned chart.
- You can also align two charts on the left side too. First, apart from the scattered chart, Select the whole data table to insert a pie chart.
- After that, Go to the Insert tab in your Toolbar.
- Then, Select the Pie Chart.
- Hence, Select the 3 -D Pie.
- As a consequence, You will find the pie chart like the picture given below.
- You will see that the pie chart is slightly displaced from the scattered chart on the right side.
- To solve this problem, first, Select a chart.
- After that, Select another chart by pressing the Shift.
- After that, Go to the Shape Format option in your Toolbar.
- Moreover, Select the Align.
- Then, Press the Align Left.
- As a result, you will find both of the charts are perfectly aligned on the left side.
Things to Remember
- In step 1, we dragged the chart manually. If we want to put the chart’s corner on a cell’s corner, we need to drag and press the Alt key simultaneously.
In this article, I have tried to explain how to Left Align a chart in Excel. I hope, you have learned something new from this article. Now, extend your skill by following the steps of these methods. You will find such interesting blogs on our website Exceldemy.com. I hope you have enjoyed the whole tutorial. If you have any kind of queries feel free to ask me in the comment section. Don’t forget to give us your feedback.
- Default Alignment of Numbers in Excel (Detailed Analysis)
- How to Change Alignment in Excel (5 Easy Methods)
- Align Bullet Points in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
- How to Align Colon in Excel (4 Easy Methods)
- Align Text in Excel (3 Quick Methods)
- How to Align Shapes in Excel (5 Simple Methods)
- Change Alignment to the Right in Excel (5 Quick Methods)