Microsoft Excel does not print with gridlines automatically. Gridlines are helpful with viewing data as it separates row and column from one another. In this article, you will learn how to print gridlines with empty cells in excel. Check this link for more information.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
2 Methods to Print Gridlines with Empty Cells in Excel
In the following, we will show you 2 methods to print gridlines with empty cells or empty workbooks in excel.
1. Use Page Layout Option to Print Empty Cells with Gridlines in Excel
With the help of the Page Layout option, we can print empty cells with gridlines. In the following, we will describe the method to do it.
- Open a workbook in excel. Go to Page Layout > Page Setup icon to open the Page Setup dialogue box.
- In the Page Setup dialogue box, choose “Sheet” and click on the ‘Gridlines’
- Press OK.
- Select the cells which will be printed.
- Page Layout > Print Area > Set Print Area.
- Go to “Print”.
- In the Print Preview section, you will see the page with gridlines.
Thus, we can print gridlines with empty cells.
Read More: How to Print Empty Gridlines in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
2. Set a Specific Print Area to Print Gridlines with Empty Cells
In the following method, we will apply a shortcut method to print gridlines by selecting a specific print area.
- Open a workbook and select the cells to print.
- Click “Format” and change “Row Height” and “Column Width” according to the desired adjustment.
- Go to the Page Layout option and click on the “Print” option under the “Gridlines” column.
- Then select our print area with “Set Print Area” option.
- After that, in the print preview section, we will find our desired gridlines with empty cells.
Read More: How to Not Print Empty Cells in Excel (3 Simple Methods)
Things to Remember
- In the second method, after selecting “Page Layout” we will find two “Print” options to choose from. To print gridlines, we must select the “Print” option in the “Gridlines” column.
I hope you will find this article helpful. If you find any problems, feel free to ask us in the comment section.
- How to Print Gridlines in Excel Online (2 Easy Ways)
- Excel VBA: How to Set Print Area Dynamically (7 Ways)
- How to Hide Gridlines in Excel When Printing (4 Quick Tricks)
- Print Sheet on One Page in Excel (9 Easy Ways)
- How to Print Gridlines with Fill Color in Excel (4 Useful Ways)
- Print Selected Area in Excel (2 Examples)
- [Fixed!] Missing Gridlines in Excel When Printing (5 Solutions)