This tutorial will demonstrate how to print excel with lines on one page. When submitting the reports or bills update, it is essential to print the whole report or bill with proper lining on one page. Moreover, in some cases, the rows and columns of the excel workbook can be significant. So, we need to print the worksheet along with the lines. After going through this article, you will learn how to print excel with lines on one page.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here.
3 Easy Methods to Print Excel with Lines on One Page
Our aim is to print excel with lines on one page. To fulfill that, we will learn 3 methods. If you follow the steps of the methods correctly, you should know how to print excel with lines on one page.
1. Using Sheet Options
We can print excel with lines on one page by using Sheet Options. In this case, the lines are marked as Gridlines in the worksheet. We are going to learn this by following the below steps:
- First, select the Page Layout tab.
- Then, from Sheet Options, go to the Gridlines option and tick the View option. Again, do the same for the Headings option.
- After that, select the Print option under the View option in the Gridlines.
- Next, go to the File tab.
- Afterward, select the Print option.
- Next to this, you will see the Print window open on your display screen.
- Finally, you will get the below result.
Read More: How to Print Gridlines in Excel (2 Ways)
2. Applying Directly from Menu Tab
Our goal is to print excel with lines on one page. This time we will do that using directly from the Menu tab. The steps are described below:
- Firstly, go to the Page Layout option and select the Page Setup option.
- Secondly, the Page Setup window will come on the screen.
- Thirdly, go to the Sheet option and click on the Gridlines option.
- Next, choose the Print Preview option and click OK.
- After that, the Print window will come on your screen.
- Furthermore, select the Print option.
- Lastly, you will get results similar to the below image.
3. Use of Print Preview Mode
Using Print Preview Mode can be another useful method for printing excel with lines on one page. The steps are described below.
- Initially, go to the File tab.
- Second, similar to the first method go to the Print option and select the Page Setup option.
- Afterward, the Page Setup dialog box will open on the screen.
- Like method 2, go to Sheet>Gridlines>Print Preview>OK.
- Last, you will the desired output.
Converting Printed Gridlines Color
In the case of printing with gridlines, sometimes changing the color of the gridlines can be useful to display the printed copy to understand easily. This can be done by following the below steps:
- To begin with, go to the File tab.
- In addition, choose the Options.
- Furthermore, the Excel Options window will open on your screen.
- After that, tick the Show gridlines options from the Advanced option.
- Next, select desired color from the Gridline color option and press OK.
- Finally, you will get your desired result.
Troubleshooting Issues of Printing
If any printed version of any copy has a missing border line after following the above-described methods, then this can be solved in this process. The process is described below.
- First, go to Page Layout> Page Setup.
- Next, in the Sheet window untick the Draft Quality option and press OK.
- Last, you will find your problem solved.
Things to Remember
- You can follow any of the methods but make sure the method you follow is correct from first to last. If you mix the methods, then it will create a troubleshooting problem.
- In case of choosing the color of the printed gridlines, make sure you have chosen the light colors otherwise the printed copy color can disappoint you.
Henceforth, follow the above-described methods. Thus, you will learn how to print excel with lines on one page. Let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.