Excel Merge and Center – in database programming, the merge cell function allows neighboring cells to be combined into one larger one. You finish the process by selecting all merged cells and then selecting the “Merge Cells” order. By centering, you enable text alignment in the middle. In this article, you will learn a few easy steps to merge and center a title in Excel.
How to Merge and Center a Title in Excel
Let’s first introduce our dataset. Here are the specifications of 3 engines. Our goal is to merge and center the title Specifications.
The following steps will help you merge and center Excel data
- To merge adjacent cells, first, select them.
- Now, go to the Home tab >> Alignment group >> click on the Merge and Center.
- Here is the result.
Read More: How to Make a Title in Excel
Shortcuts to Merge and Center a Title in Excel
- First, select the adjacent cells in which you want to apply the merge and center features.
- Press ALT+H+M to choose the Merge & Center button.
- Now, press the C button if you wish to merge and center the chosen cells.
- Here is the result.
Or you can press the A button which will merge the cell into a separate row. Also, if you need to merge the cells without centered alignment, press M. You can unmerge cells that have already been merged by pressing U.
Read More: How to Center a Title in Excel
Things to Remember
- Unmerge the merged cell before using any formulas based on the merged cell.
- Once you combine a cell, it automatically deletes the adjacent cell’s data. Check the right and left side data before merging any cell.
- If cell A1 is merged with cell D1, we can’t merge the cells separately. In this case, cell A1 will be the result of a merge and a center.
- Changing the alignment after merging a cell is as easy as selecting it in the Alignment group on the Home tab and tapping it.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the following practice workbook that we have used to prepare this article
In this tutorial, I have discussed a few easy steps to merge and center a title in Excel. I hope you found this article helpful. Please, drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below. Goodbye!