In Microsoft Excel, you may face the need to convert an Excel file to a PDF file to share and print without any changes. Convert excel to PDF without a converter can be done in various ways. In this article, I will show you the way of converting Excel to PDF without a converter.
How to Convert Excel to PDF Without Converter: 5 Effective Methods
I am explaining 5 effective methods to convert Excel to PDF without a converter. Suppose we have a dataset of some students’ names, ID No., Department, and Section they study in. Now we will convert the Excel file to PDF without a converter.
1. Use Export as PDF Option to Convert Excel to PDF
Using the “Export as PDF “ option you can convert an Excel file to PDF very easily. Follow the steps below.
- Select data from the worksheet and click on the file option.
- From the new window press ‘Export” and select “Create PDF/XPS”.
- A new window will appear “ Publish as PDF or XPS”.
- Choose a location and name the file.
- Press “Publish”.
- Here we got our Excel file saved as a PDF file without a converter.
2. Apply Save as PDF Command to Convert Excel to PDF
The main advantage of a PDF format file is that when it’s shared or printed the file format doesn’t change at all. In this method, I will show you a simple way of saving a file to PDF format without using a converter.
- Choose data from the worksheet to save as a PDF.
- Go to the “File” option from the home ribbon.
- Click “Save As” and choose a location of your choice to save the file. Here I have chosen the “Documents” folder from “This PC”.
- Select “PDF” from the “Save as type”.
- Press “Save”.
- Thus we will get our Excel file converted to a PDF file.
Read More: How to Convert Excel to PDF with All Columns
3. Utilize Google Drive Download Option to Convert Excel to PDF
Utilizing the Google Drive download option you can convert Excel files to PDF.
- Select your data and upload it to your Google Drive space.
- Open the workbook from Google Drive and select data.
- Go to
File → Download → PDF(.pdf).
- Change your print settings according to your choice and click “Export”.
- This way we can successfully save our Excel file to PDF from google drive space without a converter.
Read More: Export Excel to PDF with Hyperlinks
4. Use Microsoft Print to PDF Feature to Convert Excel to PDF
Excel does have some built-in features to convert an Excel file to PDF. In this method, we will use the “Microsoft Print to pdf” feature to convert Excel to PDF.
- Choose all the data to convert.
- Press “File” from the home ribbon.
- Choose “Print” and select “Microsoft Print to PDF” from the drop-down list.
- Click “Print”.
- From the new window select, a file location then name the file.
- Now press “Save”.
- In the selected location you will find the file in PDF format.
Read More: How to Save Excel as PDF without Cutting Off
5. Use Quick Access Toolbar Command to Convert Excel to PDF
The PDF format of a file is used universally. When a PDF file is opened in a browser it can quickly read PDF documents. Using “Quick Access Toolbar” you can convert an Excel document to PDF. Here I have shared two methods. Check out the following.
5.1 Publish as PDF Option
You can publish your document as a PDF option following some simple steps.
- Select your data.
- Place the cursor in the “Do” section and click the right button on the mouse.
- From the options choose “Customize Quick Access Toolbar”.
- A new window will appear named “Excel Options”.
- Now from the option bar select “Quick Access Toolbar”.
- From the “Choose commands from” drop-down list select “All Commands”.
- Now it will show all the commands. From there choose “Publish as PDF or XPS”.
- Click “Add”.
- Select “Publish as PDF or XPS” and then press OK.
- You will see a new toolbar will appear at the top beside the “Do” section.
- Click on the toolbar.
- Now select a folder where you want to save your PDF document.
- Name the file of your choice and press “Publish”.
- Thus without using any type of converter, we can get our Excel file converted to a PDF file.
Read More: How to Save Excel as PDF on One Page
5.2 Email as PDF Attachment Option
Of all the methods this is one of my favorite options as it converts the file to PDF format and attaches the file directly to an email message.
- Select data from the workbook.
- While the cursor is in the “Undo” option click the right button on the mouse.
- Choose “Customize Access Toolbar” from the option.
- Go to “Quick Access Toolbar”.
- Choose “All Commands” from the drop-down list.
- Email as XPS Attachment > Add > Email as PDF Attachment.
- Press OK.
- A toolbar will be added to the Excel workbook.
- Press the new toolbar.
- As you can see a new mailbox has opened attaching the Excel file as a PDF document.
Read More: How to Save Multiple Excel Sheets as One PDF
Things To Remember
- Before publishing a PDF document you can change the settings of the document from the “Options” menu.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the methods to convert Excel files to PDF without a converter. Hope you will enjoy the article. Don’t forget to share your opinion in the comment section below. Thanks!