In terms of using Microsoft Excel, we can keep unnecessary or confidential data hidden. We can even hide the entire data. While hiding the entire column or row, we need to click on the Hide option after right-clicking on the mouse. I am going to explain 3 very fascinating ways to hide columns in Excel without right-clicking.
For more explanation, I am going to use a dataset of personal information of a company decorated in the Employee ID, Name, Department, and State columns.
How to Hide Columns Without Right Click in Excel: 3 Easy Ways
1. Using Keyboard Shortcut to Hide Columns
Keyboard Shortcut is the simplest way to hide columns without right-clicking. You need to follow the following instructions.
- First of all, select the columns that you want to hide. I have selected columns B and F to hide.
- Then, press CTRL + 0 to hide the columns.
Thus, we can simply hide the columns using the keyboard shortcut.
Read More: How to Hide Columns with Button in Excel
2. Hide Columns by Applying Hide & Unhide Feature
We can also use the Hide & Unhide feature from the Home tab to hide multiple columns.
- Select the columns first that you want to hide. Here I have selected the B and D columns to hide.
- Then, go to the Home tab.
- Choose Format from the ribbon.
- Next, click on the Hide & Unhide feature.
- Finally, click on the Hide Columns option
This is how we can simply hide the selected columns.
Read More: Hide Columns with No Data in Excel
3. Using VBA to Hide Columns Without Right Click
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) is the most advanced way to hide columns without right-clicking on the mouse.
- Go to the Developer tab.
- Then, click on Visual Basic from the ribbon.
- Double-click on the Worksheet name to have the space for writing VBA Code.
- Now, input your VBA Code.
Columns("E:F").Hidden = True
Here, I have the Sub_procedure named Obscure_the_columns. I have mentioned the Columns.Hidden property to hide columns E and F.
- Press F5 or the Run button to run the code.
Thus, we can hide the columns without right-click.
Read More: How to Hide and Unhide Columns in Excel
For more expertise, you can practice here.
Download Practice Workbook
That’s all for the article. In this article, I have tried to elaborate on 3 very fascinating ways to hide columns in Excel without right-clicking. It will be a matter of great pleasure for me if this article could help any Excel user even a little. For any further queries, comment below.
- How to Hide Extra Columns in Excel
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel
- How to Unhide Columns in Excel All at Once
- Unhide Columns Is Not Working in Excel
- Unhide Columns in Excel Shortcut Not Working