With the extra benefit of adding Google Sheet features to Excel files, Google Sheets is compatible with Excel files. For example, Google Sheets allows for real-time collaboration, and you can share a link to an Excel file so that others may work on it without having to send back and forth numerous revisions of emails back and forth. This article will show you how to edit google sheets in Excel.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Edit Google Sheets in Excel
In this article, we will demonstrate how to edit Google Sheets in Excel by uploading any Excel file to Google Drive and editing it as Google Sheets. Firstly, we will open Google Drive and then will upload the Excel file in it. After that, we will convert the Excel file into Google Sheets. Finally, we will be able to edit the sheets.
Step 1. Opening Google Drive
In this first step, we will demonstrate how to open our drive because we want to upload our Excel file in the Drive section.
- Firstly, go to the google apps.
- Secondly, click on Google Drive to open it.
Step 2. Uploading Excel File
In this section, we will upload our Excel file and save it in the drive to edit this file as google sheets by converting it on the next step.
- Here, choose the New option below.
- Then, click on the File upload option.
- After that, choose your Excel file to upload on google drive.
- Here, we have selected our Excel file named Keep Significant Figures.xlsx.
- Finally, click on Open.
- Therefore, you will see the uploaded Excel file in the drive.
Step 3. Converting Excel into Google Sheets
You can convert an Excel file to a Sheets document and continue working on it there instead of importing data.
- Here, right-click on the file.
- Then, choose the Open with option.
- After that, click on Google sheets to open the file as google sheets.
Step 4. Editing Google Sheets in Excel
In this section, you will edit your file as you wish after opening the Excel file as a Google Sheet. So, we will show you some changes in our Excel file.
- At point 1, you can see the google sheets icon, and point 2 shows the Excel file.
- So, we will edit our google sheets in our Excel file.
- Here, you can see the first column indicates numbers which we want to keep significant figures.
- Also, you will see the results here in the below image.
- Then, we will change the numbers in the B.
- Consequently, you will find all the results are changed automatically.
- Here, we will also demonstrate the reverse method if you want to make to download the google sheets as a Microsoft Excel file.
- Firstly, go to the File tab.
- Secondly, choose the Download option and click on Microsoft Excel (.xlsx).
- Then, you will see the Excel file here which we have downloaded and open it.
- Finally, you will see there is no change in this file and it remains the same as google sheets.
In this article, we’ve covered step-by-step to Edit Google Sheets in Excel. We sincerely hope you enjoyed and learned a lot from this article. Additionally, if you want to read more articles on Excel, you may visit our website, Exceldemy. If you have any questions, comments, or recommendations, kindly leave them in the comment section below.