Google Sheets is a new tool just like Microsoft Excel. Anyone with a Google account can use the Google Sheet application and perform almost similar types of jobs like Excel. Moreover, we can also download the Google Sheet file is several Excel file extensions. However, sometimes the downloaded not work perfectly. In this article, we will demonstrate to you 3 quick solutions to fix the Google Sheet downloaded as Excel file but not working Problem. If you are also curious about it, download our practice workbook and follow us.
Google Sheet Download as Excel Not Working in Excel: 3 Possible Solutions
To demonstrate the solutions, we consider a dataset of 10 employees of a company. Their name and income of two months are in the range of cells B5:B14. If we download this file as Excel, it does not work properly. Now, we are going to show you the solving procedure.
Solution 1: Choosing the Proper File Format
In the first solution, we have to choose the suitable file format when we download the Google Sheets file as Excel. We have two available Excel file formats. The procedure is explained below.
Solution 1.1: By .xlsx File Extension
By choosing .xlsx file extension, we can save the Google Sheet file as Excel to fix the problem. The steps of this procedure are given below:
- First of all, in the Google Sheets tab, click on the File option.
- Now, select the Download > Microsoft Excel (.xlsx) option.
- The file will download.
- Then, launch the file with Microsoft Excel, and your problem will be solved.
Thus, we can say that our procedure works perfectly, and we are able to solve the problem, titled Google Sheet files download as Excel is not working.
Solution 1.2: Though .ods File Extension
Besides the .xlsx file extension, We can also select the .ods file extension to save the Google Sheet file as Excel and successfully launch the file in Excel. The steps of this process are given as follows:
- First, in the Google Sheets tab, click on the File option.
- After that, select the Download > Open Document (.ods) option.
- You will see the file will download.
- Now, launch the file with Microsoft Excel, and your problem will be resolved.
Hence, we can say that our method works effectively, and we are able to fix the issue, entitled Google Sheet files to download as Excel is not working.
Read More: How to Download Google Sheets to Excel
Solution 2: Download Directly from Google Drive
In this approach, we are going to download the Google Sheet from Google Drive for launching the file successfully in Excel. The steps of this method are explained below:
- First, go to your Google Drive.
- Now, scroll down with your mouse to find out your desired sheet.
- Then, right-click on the file and click on the Download option from the Context Menu.
- You will notice the file will be downloaded.
- At last, launch the file with Microsoft Excel, and your problem will be resolved.
Therefore, we can say that our approach works precisely, and we are able to fix the issue, entitled Google Sheet files to download as Excel is not working.
Solution 3: Re-install Updated Version of Microsoft Excel
If none of the approaches are kept unable to open your Google Sheet file in Excel, you can re-install the application. We recommend that if you are re-installing your Microsoft Office application, try to install the updated latest version of Excel. Because the new version has many new features, which may help you to increase your work efficiency. In this way, you can fix the problem, titled Google Sheet files which download as Excel is not working.
That’s the end of this article. I hope that this article will be helpful for you and you will be able to fix the problem, entitle Google Sheet files which download as Excel is not working. Please share any further queries or recommendations with us in the comments section below if you have any further questions or recommendations. Keep learning new methods and keep growing!
- How to Convert Google Sheets to Excel with Formulas
- How to Edit Google Sheets in Excel
- How to Transform Google Sheets to Excel Automatically
- How Can I Link Google Sheets to Excel in Real Time?
- Unlocking Potential of Google Sheets QUERY Function in Excel
- How to Import Data from Google Sheets to Excel Using VBA