Microsoft Excel is used all over the world to organize data and perform financial analysis. It works better than a calculator and it’s easy to use. While working with a dataset you might need to convert values to a different unit. Excel does have some built-in features to do it. You can convert pound values to kilogram values easily. In this article, I will show you how you can convert lbs to kg in excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
3 Simple Methods to Convert Lbs to Kg in Excel
Today I will describe 3 simple methods to convert pound (lbs) to kilogram (kg) in excel.
Suppose we have a dataset of some Patient Names and their Weight in pound units.
1. Use CONVERT Function to Convert Lbs to Kg in Excel
There are different ways to convert values to a specific unit. The CONVERT function in excel converts a numeric value from one measurement unit to another measurement unit. You can call this CONVERT function a pocket calculator for converting units.
- Select a cell to write the formula. Here I have selected cell (E5).
- Put the formula down-
- Press Enter and drag down the “fill handle” to get the output in all cells.
- Here you will see we have all our pound (lbs) values converted into kilogram (kg) by using formulas.
- How to Convert Millimeters (mm) to Feet (ft) and Inches (in) in Excel
- Convert Inches to Meters in Excel (2 Quick Ways)
- How to Convert Inches to Cm in Excel (2 Quick Ways)
- Convert Feet and Inches to Decimal in Excel (2 Easy Methods)
- How to Convert Feet to Meters in Excel (4 Simple Methods)
2. Divide or Multiply with a Factor to Convert Lbs to Kg in Excel
To convert lbs to kg there are some basic conversion amounts. The formula for converting stand to-
1 pound (lb) = 0.453592 kilograms (kgs)
1 kilogram (kg) = 2.20462 pound (lbs)
In this method, I am going to divide the pound (lb) values by 2.205 to convert them into kilogram (kg) units.
- Choose a cell. Here I have chosen cell (E5) to apply the formula.
- Put the formula down-
- Hit the Enter
- Pull the “fill handle” down to fill the series.
- Thus we will get our conversion values in all the cells in a different column.
You can also multiply the pound (lb) units with 0.45359237 to get your desired kilogram (kg) unit. Follow the steps-
- Select a cell (E5) to write the formula.
- Apply the following formula in the selected cell-
- Press the Enter button to get the result.
- Now drag down the “fill handle” to fill all the cells from the column.
- Well, we have successfully converted out pound units to kilogram units just by multiplying with a numeric value.
3. Run a VBA Code to Convert Lbs to Kg in Excel
You can also convert units with VBA code. In this method, I will share with you the VBA code to convert pound units into kilogram units.
- Open the “Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications” by pressing Alt+F11.
- Click the “Module” from the “Insert” section.
- Apply the following code to the module-
Sub LbstokgConverter() Dim Lbstokg As Long Lbstokg = InputBox("How much weight in pounds(lbs)?") MsgBox "Weight is=" & Lbstokg * 0.45359237 & "kg." End Sub
- Press “Run”.
- An “Inputbox” will appear asking for the pound (lb) value.
- Put a data of your wish. Here I have put 100.
- Click OK.
- As you can see the “Input” box will show the converted value in a new “Msgbox”. Thus you can get your precious result.
Things to Remember
- You might find some changes in the converted value with a little fraction. Don’t worry. It’s just a little bit of ups and downs because of the decimal values.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the simple methods to convert lbs to kg in excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. Hope you find it useful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the Exceldemy team, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.
- Convert Millimeters (mm) to Inches (in) in Excel (3 Quick Methods)
- How to Convert Square Feet to Square Meters in Excel (2 Quick Methods)
- Convert MM to CM in Excel (4 Easy Methods)
- How to Convert Inches to Square Feet in Excel (2 Easy Methods)
- Converting CM to Inches in Excel (2 Simple Methods)
- How to Convert CM to Feet and Inches in Excel (3 Effective Ways)
- Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel (2 Easy Methods)