Unit conversion is one of those frequent tasks that we do in our day-to-day lives. Sometimes, we may need to use the millimeter(mm) to square meter formula in Excel to perform a large task quickly and efficiently. This article demonstrates how to use the Millimeter to square meter formula in Excel.
General Formula to Calculate Millimeter(mm) to Square Meter (m2)
To calculate square meters from millimeters the following formula can be used.
In this formula,
- X is the value in square meters.
- Y is the value in millimeters.
2 Methods to Use Millimeter (mm) to Square Meter (m2) Formula in Excel
Suppose, you have several Exhibits with Dimensions in millimeters(mm) and you need to convert them to square meters. You can easily do this within seconds by using Excel in two different methods.
In the following stages of this article, I will show you two methods, one using the CONVERT function and the other by inserting the formula manually, to get the dimensions in square meters from millimeters.
1. Using Excel CONVERT Function
The CONVERT function is a built-in function in Excel that helps in unit conversions. Though you cannot convert millimeters to square meters directly with the help of this function, you can do this by adding a simple step.
- First, add a column to the right with the title Meter(m).
- Then select cell D6 and add the following formula in the formula bar.
Here, C6 is the starting cell of the Dimension in Millimeters (mm), mm is the second argument (from_unit) and m is the last argument (to_unit).
- Now, drag the Fill Handle tool rest of the cells in the column.
- At this point, add another column to the right with the title ‘Square Meter(m^2)
- After that, select cell E6 and add the following formula.
Here, E6 is the starting cell for the Square Meter(m^2) column. Also, we used D6*D6 to multiply the units in meters to get in square meters.
- Finally, drag the Fill Handle tool for the rest of the column and you get your dimension in square meters.
Read More: How to Convert MM to CM in Excel
2. Inserting the Millimeter(mm) mm to Square Meter(m2) Formula Manually
In this method, you will enter one formula manually, and with fewer steps you can get your required output in square meters.
- First of all, create a new column for the Square Meter right next to the Millimeter
- In the next step, select cell D6 and insert the following formula.
Here, D6 is the starting cell for the Square Meter(m^2) column. In the formula, we use ‘C6/1000’ to convert millimeters into meters and then we square the result to get it in square meters.
- At last, drag the Fill Handle tool for the rest of the column and you will get your dimensions in square meters.
Read More: Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel
Download Practice Workbook
Finally, following the same methods, you can transform any metric unit into derived square units by just knowing the general formula. I hope you get what you need from the article. Please feel free to ask any questions in the comment box below. We will get back to your questions as soon as possible.
- Converting CM to Inches in Excel
- How to Convert CM to Feet and Inches in Excel
- How to Convert Meters to Feet in Excel
- How to Convert Meters to Miles in Excel
- How to Convert Feet to Meters in Excel
- How to Convert Lbs to Kg in Excel
- How to Convert Kg to Lbs in Excel
- How to Convert Radians to Degrees in Excel