While working in Excel you might need to convert measurements or units to a different unit. You will definitely need that because units for all the products are not the same. In this article, I will cover some simple techniques to convert cubic feet to cubic meters in Excel. Stay tuned.
Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel: 2 Methods
I am describing 2 quick methods of converting cubic feet to cubic meters in Excel. Suppose we have a dataset of some cubic feet values. Now we will convert these values to cubic meter values.
1. Use CONVERT Function to Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel
The CONVERT function in Excel can be called an engineering function. It is used to convert one measurement system to another measurement. In this method, I will explain to you how to convert cubic feet to cubic meters using the CONVERT function.
- Select a cell to apply the formula. Here I have selected cell (D5).
- Put the formula in the selected cell-
- The CONVERT function converts units from one measurement to another.
- Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Now drag down the “fill handle” to get the result in all cells.
- Thus we will get all the values converted to cubic meter values in the result column.
Read More: How to Convert Feet to Meters in Excel
2. Multiply with a Factor to Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel
Sometimes using functions becomes difficult for beginners in Excel. For that, I have shared an easy technique for converting cubic feet to cubic meters in Excel. You just have to multiply your data by 0.0283168466 value to get the cubic meter result.
- Choose a cell (D5) to apply the multiply formula.
- Apply the below formula-
- Press Enter to get the desired output.
- Drag the “fill handle” down.
- This way we can convert our cubic feet values to cubic meter values in Excel.
Things to Remember
- Don’t forget to use the absolute reference in the formula cell. The single factor is multiplied by every cubic foot value.
- While applying the formula you can add or subtract absolute reference($) with the F4 button from the keyboard.
Download Practice Workbook
In this article, I have tried to cover the simple and quickest methods of converting cubic feet to cubic meters in Excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. Hope you find it useful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the Exceldemyteam, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.
- How to Convert MM to CM in Excel
- Converting CM to Inches in Excel
- How to Convert CM to Feet and Inches in Excel
- How to Convert Meters to Feet in Excel
- How to Convert Meters to Miles in Excel
- Millimeter(mm) to Square Meter Formula in Excel
- How to Convert Lbs to Kg in Excel
- How to Convert Kg to Lbs in Excel
- How to Convert Radians to Degrees in Excel