While working in excel you might need to convert measurements or units to a different unit. You will definitely need that because units for all the products are not the same. In this article, I will cover some simple techniques to convert cubic feet to cubic meters in excel. Stay tuned.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
2 Quick Methods to Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel
I am describing 2 quick methods of converting cubic feet to cubic meters in excel. Suppose we have a dataset of some cubit feet values. Now we will convert these values to cubic meter values.
1. Use CONVERT Function to Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel
The CONVERT function in excel can be called an engineering function. It is used to convert one measurement system to another measurement. In this method, I will explain to you to convert cubic feet to cubic meters using the CONVERT function.
- Select a cell to apply the formula. Here I have selected cell (D5).
- Put the formula in the selected cell-
- The CONVERT function convert units from one measurement to another.
- Hit the Enter
- Now drag down the “fill handle” to get the result in all cells.
- Thus we will get all the values converted to cubic meter values in the result column.
Read More: How to Convert Feet to Meters in Excel (4 Simple Methods)
2. Multiply with a Factor to Convert Cubic Feet to Cubic Meters in Excel
Sometimes using function becomes difficult for beginners in excel. For that, I have shared an easy technique of converting cubic feet to cubic meters in excel. You just have to multiply your data by 0.0283168466 value to get the cubic meter result.
- Choose a cell (D5) to apply the multiply formula.
- Apply the below formula-
- Press Enter to get the desired output.
- Drag the “fill handle” down.
- This way we can convert our cubic feet values to cubic meter values in excel.
Read More: How to Convert Square Feet to Square Meters in Excel (2 Quick Methods)
Things to Remember
- Don’t forget to use the absolute reference in the formula cell. As the single factor is multiplied with every cubic-feet value.
- While applying the formula you can add or subtract absolute reference($) with the F4 button from the keyboard.
In this article, I have tried to cover the simple and quickest methods of converting cubic feet to cubic meters in excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. Hope you find it useful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the Exceldemy team, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.
- How to Convert Meters to Miles in Excel (3 Simple Methods)
- Convert Decimal Feet to Feet and Inches in Excel (3 Methods)
- How to Convert Meters to Feet in Excel (4 Useful Methods)
- Convert Feet to Inches in Excel (4 Quick Methods)
- How to Convert inch to mm in Excel (3 Simple Methods)
- Convert Inches to Feet and Inches in Excel (5 Handy Methods)
- How to Convert Kg to Lbs in Excel (4 Easy Methods)