Excel Pivot Table!
The most important feature added to the toolbox of Microsoft Excel, ever!
A serious data analyst cannot think of passing a single day without this sophisticated data analysis tool.
Because with an Excel pivot table, while he can make a report in 10 seconds, without this feature, he might have to spend several hours preparing a report.
Give him millions of rows of data and ask for a report within 10 minutes. He will come to you in 5 minutes and show you the report.
Pivot Table History
Pivot Table feature as a program was first introduced to business houses by Lotus throughout the year 1986. In the year 1987, Steve Jobs saw the program and immediately ordered to develop it for its then-new NeXT computer platform. Finally, this program was added to its NeXT platform in the year 1991. A version for Windows was introduced in the year 1993.
After that, the pivot table has become the most powerful weapon for a data warrior!
Okay, are you a newbie in Excel and have heard about the pivot table feature for the first time?
Or, are you an intermediate-level user of Excel, and do you find it hard to understand the features of Pivot Tables?
Learning the basics of Pivot Tables is really an easy and fun thing! Start learning it today, I can guarantee that, if you are like me, you will finish it today!
So, just start learning Excel Pivot Tables today!
Why is Learning Pivot Table Important?
Do you know about Microsoft’s Cortana? Cortana, the data processing Engine of Bing, made a perfect record, predicting every match correctly in the World Cup 2014. That’s amazing! Cortana analyzed, manipulated, summarized every bit of data that could be collected about players, venues of the games, coaches, environments, and much more. And the result? 100% correct prediction in every match. If Cortana used its capability in sports betting, it could earn billions of dollars in just one month! Oho!
Data is taking over the world. Data is everywhere. So analyzing, manipulating, and summarizing data in the shortest possible time has become the most demanded job nowadays.
And data analysis without Pivot Table? Yes, possible, but while Pivot Table can make a report in just 5 seconds, you might need 5 valuable hours to prepare the same report.
Life without a pivot table
Take a look at this video and get a feel of the days when there was no pivot table!
Life after pivot table
Here are our lives, lives with Excel Pivot Table feature.
Step by step Pivot Table Tutorials for Beginners
This post is a total guide to make you a Master in Excel Pivot Table! Tighten your seat belt to become a data scientist!
I have divided this Pivot Table guide into two parts. In the first part, Introducing Pivot Tables, I shall just introduce you to Pivot Tables, and in the second part, Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables, I shall use a good number of examples to make the learning handier.
Introducing Pivot Tables
This guide includes 10 tutorials.
- What is a Pivot Table in Excel – Make a Pivot Table Manually!?
- 8 Excel Pivot Table Examples – How to Make a Pivot Table!
- Data appropriate for a pivot table
- Creating a Pivot Table Automatically
- Creating an Excel Pivot Table Manually
- Excel Pivot Table Terminology
- Excel Pivot Table Calculations [Sum, Count, Average, Max, etc.]
- Formatting Excel Pivot Tables in 7 Ways!
- How to Modify an Excel Pivot Table
- Copying Excel Pivot Table!
Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables
This guide includes 13 tutorials. Here they go:
- Creating a pivot table from non-numeric data
- Excel Pivot Table Auto Grouping by Date, Time, Month, and Range!
- Make Frequency Distribution Table in Excel in 7 Ways [Way 2 is using Excel Pivot Table]
- Multiple Groups from the Same Data Source
- How to Create an Average Calculated Field in Excel Pivot Table
- How to Insert a Calculated Item into the Excel Pivot Table!
- How to Filter Excel Pivot Tables with Slicers!
- How to Create a Timeline in Excel to Filter Pivot Tables!
- How to reference a cell within a pivot table
- Creating Pivot Charts in Excel
- A pivot table example in Excel
- How to create a pivot table report in Excel
- How to Create a Pivot Table Data Model in Excel 2013
If you’re a newcomer and trying to learn all the features of Excel Pivot Table, I have got a PDF for you. Download all the 23 articles (the above ones) that will teach you the Excel pivot table from the very beginning.
Thank you for reading!
Do you think these tutorials will help someone understand and master the Excel Pivot Table feature? Then, spread the care by sharing this content and build a permanent place in that soul 🙂