Pivot Table Tutorials for Dummies: Learn Excel Pivot Table Step by Step
Excel Pivot Table!
The most important feature added to the toolbox of Microsoft Excel, ever!
A serious data analyst cannot think of passing a single day without this sophisticated data analysis tool.
Because with Excel pivot table, while he can make a report in 10 seconds, without this feature, he might have to spend several hours to prepare a report.
Give him millions of rows of data and ask for a report within 10 minutes. He will come to you at 5 minutes and show you the report.
Pivot Table History
Pivot Table feature as a program was first introduced to business houses by Lotus throughout the year 1986. In the year 1987, Steve Jobs saw the program and immediately ordered to develop it for its then new NeXT computer platform. Finally, this program was added to its NeXT platform in the year 1991. A version for Windows was introduced in the year 1993.
After that, pivot table has become the most powerful weapon for a data warrior!
Okay, are you a newbie in Excel and have heard about the pivot table feature for the first time?
Or, are you an intermediate level user of Excel and do you find it hard understanding the features of Pivot Tables?
Learning the basics of Pivot Tables is really an easy and fun thing! Start learning it today, I can guarantee that, if you are like me, you will finish it today!
So, just start learning Excel Pivot Tables today!
Why is Learning Pivot Table Important?
Do you know about Microsoft’s Cortana? Cortana, the data processing Engine of Bing, made a perfect record, predicting every match correctly in the World Cup 2014. That’s amazing! Cortana analyzed, manipulated, summarized every bit of data that could be collected about players, venues of the games, coaches, environments and much more. And the result? 100% correct prediction in every match. If Cortana used its capability in sports betting, it could earn billions of dollar in just one month! Oho!
Data is taking over the world. Data is everywhere. So analyzing, manipulating, and summarizing data in shortest possible time has become the most demanded job nowadays.
And data analysis without Pivot Table? Yes, possible, but while Pivot Table can make a report in just 5 seconds, you might need 5 valuable hours to prepare the same report.
Life without pivot table
Take a look at this video and get a feel of the days when there was no pivot table!
Life after pivot table
Here is our lives, lives with Excel Pivot Table feature.
Step by step Pivot Table Tutorials for Beginners
My this post is a total guide to make you a Master on Excel Pivot Table! Tighten your seat belt to become a data scientist!
I have divided this Pivot Table guide into two parts. In the first part, Introducing Pivot Tables, I shall just introduce you with Pivot Table, and in the second part, Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables, I shall use a good number of examples to make the learning handier.
Introducing Pivot Tables
This guide includes 10 tutorials.
- What is a Pivot Table?
- Excel Pivot Table Examples – Create Total 8 PivotTables
- Data appropriate for a pivot table
- Creating a Pivot Table Automatically
- Creating a Pivot Table Manually
- Pivot Table Terminology
- Pivot Table Calculations
- Formatting the pivot table
- Modifying the pivot table
- Copying a Pivot Table’s Content
Analyzing Data with Pivot Tables
This guide includes 13 tutorials. Here they go:
- Creating a pivot table from non-numeric data
- Excel Pivot Table Grouping by Month, Range, Date and Time
- Make Frequency Distribution Table in Excel in 7 Ways [Way 2 is using Excel Pivot Table]
- Multiple Groups from the Same Data Source
- How to create a calculated field in an Excel pivot table
- Inserting a calculated item into a pivot table
- Filtering Pivot Tables with Slicers in Excel
- Filtering Excel Pivot Tables with a Timeline
- How to reference a cell within a pivot table
- Creating Pivot Charts in Excel
- A pivot table example in Excel
- How to create a pivot table report in Excel
- Using the Data Model in Excel
Thank you for reading!
Do you think these tutorials will help someone understand and master Excel Pivot Table feature? Then, spread the care sharing this content and build a permanent place in that soul 🙂