Share Workbook is a feature that enables you to share your file with multiple users. If you are using the latest version of Microsoft Excel you might not find the share workbook feature in the review tab. Microsoft has removed that option because there are much easier ways to share your workbook. One of the easiest ways is to use co-authoring feature. You don’t have to worry about that because you can still get the share workbook button if you need that. Check this link to learn more about co-authoring in excel. Today in this article I am going to share a step-by-step process solved share workbook not showing in excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this section, I am going to share with you 2 quick steps to solve the share workbook not showing the problem in excel.
Step 1: Open Excel Options Window to Get Quick Access Toolbar
As you can see opening the excel workbook I don’t have the share workbook option in the window. To solve share workbook not showing in excel follow the steps below-
- Go to the “File” option from the home ribbon.
- Select “Options” to continue.
- A new window will appear named “Excel Options”.
- Select “Quick Access Toolbar” from the left column.
- From the drop-down list of “Choose commands from” select “All Commands”.
- Scroll down to get the “Share Workbook (Legacy)”.
- Chose the “Share Workbook (Legacy)” and click “Add”.
- Automatically Send Emails from Excel Based on Cell Content (2 Methods)
- Macro to Send Email from Excel (5 Suitable Examples)
- Macro to Send Email from Excel with Body (3 Useful Cases)
- Excel Macro: Send Email to an Address in Cell (2 Easy Ways)
- How to Send Email from Excel with Body Using a Macro (with Easy Steps)
In the first step, we have successfully added the share workbook option from the quick access toolbar. Now follow the steps below to get it to the home ribbon.
- After adding you will see the “Share Workbook (Legacy)” option is added in the “Customize Quick Access Toolbar”.
- Press OK to get the desired output.
- Check your home ribbon, you will get the share workbook icon. Now you can share your workbook with multiple people.
This way we have solved share workbook not showing in excel.
Things to Remember
- You can also get the share workbook feature from the “Customize Ribbon” option. Check this link to learn more.
In this article, I have tried to cover the simple and quickest steps to solve the share workbook option not showing in excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. Hope you find it useful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the Exceldemy team, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.
- How to Apply Macro to Send Email from Excel with Attachment
- How to Send Bulk Email from Outlook Using Excel (3 Ways)
- Excel Macro to Send Email Automatically (3 Suitable Examples)
- Send Reminder Email Automatically from an Excel Worksheet Using VBA
- How to Send Email Automatically When Condition Met in Excel
- How to Send an Editable Excel Spreadsheet by Email (3 Quick Methods)