Share Workbook is a feature that enables you to share your file with multiple users. If you are using the latest version of Microsoft Excel you might not find the share workbook feature in the review tab. Microsoft has removed that option because there are much easier ways to share your workbook. One of the easiest ways is to use the co-authoring feature. You don’t have to worry about that because you can still get the share workbook button if you need that. Today in this article I am going to share a step-by-step process to solve the “share workbook not showing in Excel” problem.
In this section, I am going to share with you 2 quick steps to solve the problem of “share workbook not showing in Excel”.
Step 1: Open Excel Options Window to Get Quick Access Toolbar
As you can see opening the Excel workbook I don’t have the share workbook option in the window. To solve shared workbook not showing in Excel follow the steps below-
- Go to the “File” option from the home ribbon.
- Select “Options” to continue.
- A new window will appear named “Excel Options”.
- Select “Quick Access Toolbar” from the left column.
- From the drop-down list of “Choose commands from” select “All Commands”.
- Scroll down to get the “Share Workbook (Legacy)”.
- Choose the “Share Workbook (Legacy)” and click “Add”.
Read More: How to Enable Share Workbook in Excel
In the first step, we have successfully added the share workbook option from the quick access toolbar. Now follow the steps below to get it to the home ribbon.
- After adding you will see the “Share Workbook (Legacy)” option is added in the “Customize Quick Access Toolbar”.
- Press OK to get the desired output.
- Check your home ribbon, you will get the share workbook icon. Now you can share your workbook with multiple people.
This way we have solved the “share workbook not showing in Excel” problem.
Read More: How to See Who Is in a Shared Excel File
Things to Remember
You can also get the share workbook feature from the “Customize Ribbon” option.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this article, I have tried to cover the simple and quickest steps to solve the share workbook option not showing in Excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. Hope you find it useful. Stay tuned and keep learning.