While working in Excel you may see some unwanted objects occurring on your worksheet. It may be any kind of pictures, shapes, charts etc. Therefore, this article will guide you on how to remove unwanted objects in excel with 4 quick methods.
Download the sample file from here to practice by yourself.
4 Quick Methods to Remove Unwanted Objects in Excel
For example, we have taken a dataset of 6 companies’ profits in 2020. Unfortunately, while copying the names from a browser, we got some company logos beside the texts as pictures.
Now, we will try to deploy the 4 methods below to remove them from our worksheet.
1. Remove Objects in Excel with Go To Special Feature
The first method will help you to remove objects with the Go To Special feature in excel. Let’s see the process below:
- Firstly, go to the Home tab and click on Find & Select.
- Secondly, select Go To Special from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select the option Object in the new Go To Special window.
- Then, press OK.
- As a result, you will see that the images are selected like this:
- Finally, press the Delete button on your keyboard to remove the selected objects.
2. Apply Excel VBA Code to Remove Unwanted Objects
In this second method, we will apply excel VBA Macro code to remove the unwanted objects. Follow the steps below:
- First, go to the Developer tab and select Visual Basic.
- Then, in the new window select Module from the Insert section.
- After that, insert this code on the blank page.
Sub DeleteAllPictures() Dim Picture As Object For Each Picture In ActiveSheet.Pictures Picture.Delete Next Picture End Sub
- Now, click on the Run Sub button or press F5 on your keyboard.
- Following, click on Run in the Macros window.
- Finally, you will see that the unwanted objects have disappeared from the worksheet.
Sub DeleteAllShapes() Dim sp As Shape For Each sp In ActiveSheet.Shapes sp.Delete Next End Sub
- How to Draw Shapes in Excel (2 Suitable Ways)
- Draw Isometric Drawing in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Draw Lines in Excel (2 Easy Methods)
3. Omit Unwanted Objects Using Excel Select Object Command
In this section, we will go through a quick step-by-step procedure to omit the unwanted objects using the Select Objects command in excel.
- In the beginning, go to the Home tab and click on Find & Select.
- Then, choose Select Objects from its drop-down section.
- Now, select the pictures you want to remove.
- In case of multiple objects, press the Ctrl key on your keyboard and proceed with the selection.
- After that, press the Delete button.
- Finally, the unwanted images are not showing in the worksheet anymore.
4. Apply Selection Pane Tool to Erase Unwanted Objects
This final method will help you to erase objects with the Selection Pane tool. Follow the quick process below:
- Firstly, go to the Home tab.
- Then, click on Find & Select.
- After that, choose the Selection Pane option.
- After this, you will see the picture list in the Selection Pane appeared on the right side.
- In this section, press Ctrl + A to select all the picture names.
- Next, press Delete.
- Finally, you can see that the unwanted objects are removed successfully.
Things to Remember
- The Checkbox is not like the unwanted objects described above and so requires different methods to remove.
- If you do not have a Developer tab, you can find it in File > Option > Customize Ribbon.
- You cannot simply remove the images or shapes incorporated with the text with the Delete button. You have to follow any of the methods above.
Concluding the article with the hope that it was an effective and helpful article for you on how to remove unwanted objects in excel with 4 quick methods. Let us know if you have any other techniques to suggest. Follow ExcelDemy for more excel blogs.