In this tutorial, you will learn some easy methods on how to remove the page 1 watermark that appears in excel workbooks. Although a watermark is sometimes helpful, it can make the document less readable in many situations. So, if making the document clear is our primary goal, then we may want to remove the watermarks. For this, we first need to understand what type of watermark is present in our document. Then, we can apply a suitable method from below and remove the watermark.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here.
4 Easy Methods to Remove Page 1 Watermark in Excel
1. Change Workbook Views to Remove Page 1 Watermark in Excel
In many situations, a page 1 watermark appears in an excel workbook because of a certain style that is set as the workbook views. I have shown an example of this in the dataset below. This type of watermark is easy to remove simply by changing the view style. Let us see how we can do that.
- To begin, navigate to the View tab and click on the Workbook Views dropdown.
- Now, as you can see below that the current view style is set to Page Break Preview.
- Here, simply select the Normal view style.
- Consequently, excel will clear the watermark from the worksheet.
Read More: How to Move Watermark in Excel (with Easy Steps)
2. Using Delete Background Option to Remove Page 1 Watermark
In the below excel dataset, we can see the page 1 watermark which is actually a background image. The problem to remove this is that we can not select this watermark with the mouse. So, follow the steps below to remove this.
- First, go to the Page Layout tab.
- Next, under this tab select the option Delete Background.
- Finally, the Delete Background option will clear the page 1 watermark.
Read More: How to Fix Watermark in Excel (2 Useful Methods)
3. Remove Page 1 Watermark from Page Header Option in Excel Worksheet
In this method, we will go through the steps to remove a page 1 watermark which is applied as a page header in an excel worksheet. In most cases, this type of watermark appears on the top right side of the worksheet.
- To begin with, move the pointer to the top of the worksheet. You will see 3 boxes.
- In addition, click on the first box from the right.
- Immediately, the Header will appear on the top left side, and the text &[Picture] inside the selected box.
- Furthermore, delete the word &[Picture] using Backspace.
- Finally, this will clear the page 1 watermark picture from the Header of the page.
Read More: How to Add Draft Watermark in Excel (3 Easy Ways)
4. Remove WordArt Type Page 1 Watermark in Excel
WordArt is a feature in Microsoft Office programs that allows adding stylized objects. You may sometimes have a WordArt page 1 watermark in your excel worksheet. Luckily, we can remove this type of watermark with just a few clicks.
- First, go to the Home tab and navigate to the Editing section.
- Now, click on the Find & Select dropdown and select Go To Special.
- Then, excel will find the watermark and automatically select it.
- After that, simply press the Delete button on the keyboard and excel will remove the watermark.
I really hope that you understood the 4 methods I showed in this tutorial and were able to remove the page 1 watermark in excel. But keep in mind that, watermarks are important for some types of documents like draft copies, confidential documents, etc. So, please be very careful when deciding to remove them. Also, note that excel can not create or print any watermark. But it has a background feature to show watermarks on the worksheet. Lastly, to learn more excel techniques, follow our ExcelDemy website. If you have any queries, please let me know in the comments.
Hello, Chole Faulkner!
Thanks for your appreciation. Stay in touch with ExcelDemy.