There are multiple ways to insert a watermark in Excel. Depending on the methods, you’ve inserted a watermark, multiple methods are available to remove a watermark too. In this article, you will learn 3 ways to remove a watermark in Excel.
Download the Practice Workbook
You can download the Excel file from the following link and practice along with it.
3 Ways to Remove Watermark in Excel
1. Use Delete Background Command to Remove Watermark in Excel
If you add a watermark to your Excel worksheet using the following method, then you have to use the Delete Background command to remove it.
To add a background image as a watermark,
❶ Go to the PAGE LAYOUT tab first.
❷ Then click on Background.
This will allow you to insert an image as a watermark background. After adding an image, your Excel worksheet will look like this:
Now to remove the watermark,
❶ Go to the PAGE LAYOUT tab again.
❷ Now hit the Delete Background command.
This command will instantly remove the watermark from your Excel worksheet.
You can add a watermark to your Excel worksheet using the following way too.
To technique is,
❶ You have to go to the INSERT tab first.
❷ Under the Text group, you will find Header & Footer. Just click on it.
Then will see a box with a “Click to add header” caption.
❸ Click on the box with the caption “Click to add header”.
❹ Go to the Picture command in the Header & Footer Elements group.
Then you will have the option to insert an image as a watermark. Add a picture, then you will see the Header box showing &[Picture] message.
This means your selected picture has already been added as a watermark. Just click on any cell out of the Header box, and you will see the watermark there.
So, if you have followed the above method to add a watermark, follow the steps above to remove the added watermark from your Excel worksheet.
❶ First go to the INSERT tab.
❷ Under the Text group, you will find Header & Footer. Click on it.
Then you will see the Header box displaying &[Picture] caption.
❸ Select the whole &[Picture] caption and delete it.
After deleting the &[Caption] text, click on any cell outside of the Header box. We will see the watermark has gone away.
- How to Remove #DIV/0! Error in Excel (5 Methods)
- Remove Encryption from Excel (2 Methods)
- How to Add Draft Watermark in Excel (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Remove Dashes from SSN in Excel (4 Quick Methods)
- How to Remove Conditional Formatting in Excel (3 Examples)
3. Use Go To Special to Remove Watermark in Excel
You can use the WordArt feature to add a watermark to your Excel worksheet.
The working procedure to add a watermark using the WordArt feature is as follows:
❶ First go to the INSERT tab.
❷ Under the Text group, you will easily find the WordArt option. Just click on it.
Then you will have a box to insert text. After completing enter the text, you will have a watermark added to your worksheet as follows:
To remove the watermark that you have inserted using WordArt,
❶ Press CTRL + G keys. This will open the Go To dialog box.
❷ From the Go To dialog box, click on Special.
Then the Go To Special dialog box will appear.
❸ Now select Objects and then hit the OK command.
After that, the watermark will be selected as the following picture. Now all you need to do is,
❹ Select the WordArt and press the Delete button.
Things to Remember
- You can add a watermark to your Excel worksheet as a form of text or picture.
- Watermarks are not visible in Normal view mode. They are visible only in the Page Layout mode and Print Preview mode.
To sum up, we have discussed methods to remove a watermark in Excel. You are recommended to download the practice workbook attached along with this article and practice all the methods with that. And don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comment section below. We will try to respond to all the relevant queries asap. And please visit our website Exceldemy to explore more.
- How to Remove Compatibility Mode in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
- Remove Last Digit in Excel (6 Quick Methods)
- How to Remove Year from Date in Excel (5 Easy Ways)
- Remove Excel Add-In (3 Quick Ways)
- How to Remove Metadata from Excel File (3 Methods)
- Remove Negative Sign in Excel (7 Methods)
- How to Fix Watermark in Excel (2 Useful Methods)
- How to Remove Drop Down Arrow in Excel (6 Methods)