Dealing with hyperlinks in Microsoft Excel can be problematic sometimes. If the users accidentally, press on the cell with the hyperlink, the link will automatically, open a window in the browser, thus leaving the current workbook. That’s why it is necessary to remove hyperlinks from those cells. But, sometimes the option for removing hyperlinks is not visible. In this article, we will show you the solution to remove hyperlink not showing in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the free Excel workbook here and practice on your own.
2 Suitable Solutions If Remove Hyperlink Is Not Showing in Excel
In this article, you will see two different solutions if the Remove Hyperlink command not showing in Excel. Firstly, we will use the AutoCorrect Options of the Excel workbook to solve the problem. As for our second method, we relate the HYPERLINK function with the above issue and find a way to solve it.
To find the solutions to our problem, we will use the following data set. Here we have some website name and their address in columns B and C respectively.
1. Using AutoCorrect Options
As for our first method, we will use the AutoCorrect Options of Excel to find a solution. By using this option, we will repair the Remove Hyperlinks option. After that, you will be able to remove hyperlinks from cells. The detailed steps for this procedure are as follows.
- First of all, you can see from the following image that the option for removing hyperlinks is not working.
- Secondly, go to the File tab of the ribbon after facing the issue.
- Thirdly, in the Home window of Excel select Options.
- Fourthly, you will see the Excel Options dialog box.
- Then, go to the Proofing tab and select AutoCorrect Options.
- Fifthly, the AutoCorrect dialog box will appear.
- Then, go to the AutoFormat As You Type tab.
- After that, mark the box named Internet and network paths with hyperlinks.
- Lastly, press OK.
- Again, come to the Excel Options box and click OK to apply the settings to the workbook.
- Then, come to the cells with hyperlinks in the worksheet.
- In this step, you will see the options to remove the hyperlinks.
- Finally, remove all hyperlinks by selecting all the cells in cell range C5:C9.
Read More: How to Remove All Hyperlinks in Excel (5 Methods)
2. Avoiding HYPERLINK Function
The problem of removing hyperlinks not showing in Excel can be caused by another reason. If you use the HYPERLINK function in the cells to show hyperlinks, that is the origin of this error. How you can solve the issue is described briefly in the following steps.
- Firstly, in the following image, you can see in cell C5, that we have inserted a hyperlink with the HYPERLINK function.
- Secondly, you can see that the Remove Hyperlinks option is not working after inserting the function.
- Thirdly, we will remove the function from the cell and type the desired web address manually and press Enter.
- Fourthly, now after clicking on cell C5 you will see the options for removing hyperlinks.
- Fifthly, after selecting the Remove Hyperlinks command you will be able to remove the hyperlink from cell C5.
- Finally, follow the same process for the lower cells of column C.
- Another reason for not showing the Remove Hyperlinks option is the view mode of your worksheet. If you try to remove hyperlinks in the Page Break Preview mode, you will not see the command after right-clicking.
- This option will only be visible if you remove the hyperlinks in normal view mode.
Read More: How to Remove Hyperlink Permanently in Excel (4 Ways)
That’s the end of this article. We hope you find this article helpful. After reading the above description, you will be able to solve the problem to remove hyperlinks in Excel not showing by using any of the above-mentioned methods. Please share any further queries or recommendations with us in the comments section below.
The ExcelDemy team is always concerned about your preferences. Therefore, after commenting, please give us some moment to solve your issues and we will reply to your queries with the best possible solutions ever.
you are very clear. Thank you!
You are most welcome.