In our day-to-day life, we need to deal with various bills. To organize the bill payment, we can create a bill payment checklist. In this article, I will explain 2 smart ways to create a bill payment checklist in Excel. I hope it will be very helpful for you if you are looking for an efficient way to do so.
With the help of Conditional Formatting, the IF function, and the insertion of Check Box, we can create a bill payment checklist in Excel.
2 Smart Ways to Create Bill Payment Checklist in Excel
We can choose either a manual process or a built-in process to create a bill payment checklist. Let’s dive into the details.
1. Manual Procedures to Create Bill Payment Checklist in Excel
In order to create a bill payment checklist in Excel, we can follow the manual process. It’s not that hard. You just need to follow the steps in order. Follow the following procedures to fulfill the task.
- First of all, I have arranged the customers’ list along with their bills. I have added columns named Payment Status and Remarks to clarify their bill payment status.
- In order to insert the check box in the Payment Status column, go to the Developer tab and select Insert from the ribbon.
- From the available options, pick Check Box from the Form Controls section.
- Now, place the check box in your preferred location. For me, I have placed the check box in the F5 cell.
- Delete the written portion with the check box.
- Now, copy the check box and paste it into the rest of the cells in column F.
- Now, right-click on the check box and pick the Format Control… option.
- A Format Control wizard will appear.
- Insert the cell name in the Cell link section.
- Then, click on OK.
- Then, we will have check boxes with TRUE and FALSE in the background.
- Select all the cells containing the check boxes.
- Go to the Home tab and choose the white color from the Font Color option.
- Then, we will have only the check boxes ignoring the texts.
- Now, insert the following formula in the Remarks column to have the condition of the payments.
- Use Fill Handle to AutoFill the rest cells in column G.
- After that, select all the cells in the Remarks column and go to the Home tab.
- Click on Highlight Cells Rules from Conditional Formatting.
- From the available options, pick Text that Contains…
- Now, input the keyword based on what you want to format cells in the Format cells that contain the text section.
- Define the format of the matched cells from the with named section.
- Lastly, click on OK to apply the formatting.
- We can see the matched cells with the applied format.
- Similarly, set another format for the word Pending and click OK.
- Thus, we can have a complete bill payment checklist.
Read More: How to Create Bill Book in Excel
2. Built-in Procedures to Create Bill Payment Checklist in Excel
The simplest way to create a bill payment checklist is to use the built-in Bill paying checklist. The details are described in the following section.
- Go to the File tab first.
- Click on the option named More templates.
- If you search with the word Budgets, you will have a template named Bill paying checklist. Click on that template.
- Then, you will have an option named Create. Click on that option to have the Bill paying checklist template.
- Thus, we can create a bill payment checklist. You can keep the necessary category and delete the rest. You can further modify it according to your choice.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
At the end of this article, I like to add that I have tried to explain 2 smart ways to create a bill payment checklist in Excel. It will be a great pleasure for me if this article helps any Excel user even a little. For any further queries, comment below. You can visit our site for more articles about using Excel.