Flashcard is a great way to learn something. In the physical flashcards, the problem is written on one side of the card and the solution on the other. In this way, anyone can learn Maths, English, or other study-related problems. We can also make flashcards in Microsoft Excel. Are you looking for how to make flashcards in Excel? This article will help you to learn 2 suitable ways to make a flashcard in Excel. Let’s get started!
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the Excel workbook from here.
2 Suitable Ways to Make Flashcards in Excel
We can make flashcards in 2 suitable ways in Excel. The first method is by using the Font Color Option and the second method is by Inserting Comments. You can use any of the 2 methods which seem easier to you. Both methods are easy and effective to make flashcards in Excel. For example, we will be using the following dataset where we want to make flashcards of the synonyms of some words.
1. Use of Font Color Option to Make Flashcards in Excel
Using the Font Color Option to make flashcards in Excel is the easiest way among all methods. In order to make flashcards of the synonyms of some words by using the Font Color Option, we have to follow the steps below:
- To begin with, type all the synonyms of the particular words of which you want to make flashcards as shown below.
- After that, select the cells (C5:C10) to select all the synonyms.
- Furthermore, go to the Home tab.
- Now, click on the Font Color drop-down.
- Next, select the White Color as the font color of the synonyms as shown below.
- As a result, you will see an output like the image below where the synonyms would seem invisible to you.
- Afterward, click on cell C5 and you will see the text of cell C5 on the functions display like the below one.
- Hence, after clicking on any cell of the Synonym column, you will see the same result as before, and in this way, your flashcards of the synonyms of some particular words are ready in Excel.
- How to Make a Forest Plot in Excel (2 Suitable Examples)
- Make a Box Plot in Excel (With Easy Steps)
- How to Add Trailing Zeros in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
- Create an Organizational Chart in Excel (2 Suitable Ways)
2. Make Flashcards in Excel by Inserting Comment
In order to make flashcards in Excel by inserting comments, we will use the same dataset as before. We will make flashcards of the synonyms of some words by inserting comments. This is also an efficient method to make flashcards in Excel. We have to follow the steps below to make flashcards in this method:
- First, select cell B5 and right-click on the cell.
- As a result, a pop-up window will appear and click on the Insert Comment option from the pop-up window as shown below.
- After that, a comment box will appear on your screen like the below one.
- Afterward, clear the comment box and type the synonym of the word in the box as shown below.
- Furthermore, select the comment >> go to the Home tab >> click on the Bold option >> click on the Font Size drop-down >> make the Font Size 12 >> click on the Middle Align option >> click on the Center Content This step is optional. If you want to represent your comment in an attractive way, then you can follow this step.
- As a result, a small flag will appear at the right-most corner of cell C5 and when you will place your mouse cursor on the small flag, it will show the comment like the image below.
- After that, do the same steps for all the cells of the column Word.
- As a result, your comments will be added to every cell of the column Word and will show an output like the image below.
- Finally, flashcards of the synonyms of your words are ready in your Excel worksheet.
Things to Remember
- If you want to be really quick and efficient to make flashcards in Excel, then using the Font Color option will be a better method for you.
- If you use the Inserting Comment method to make flashcards, you will have to insert the comment for each of the cells which can be time-consuming when you deal with lots of data.
Hence, follow the above-described methods. Thus, you can easily learn how to make flashcards in Excel. Hope this will be helpful. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop your comments, suggestions, or queries in the comment section below.
- How to Add Signature in Excel (3 Quick Ways)
- Make Sankey Diagram in Excel (with Detailed Steps)
- How to Show Menu Bar in Excel (2 Common Cases)
- Create Money Management Excel Sheet for Trading
- How to Multiply Time by Money in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- Make a Venn Diagram in Excel (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Calculate WACC in Excel (with Easy Steps)