While working in Microsoft Excel we often use shortcuts to finish tasks in time. Although at the time of working on a worksheet we need to move to the end of the Excel sheet to organize or rearrange data. Sometimes this task becomes difficult to do manually. Thus today in this article, I am going to share with you how to go to the end of Excel sheet.
In the following, I have described 2 simple and quick methods to go to the end of the Excel sheet.
Suppose we have some Employee Name and their Total Sales in our worksheet. Now we will go to the end of the Excel sheet using some simple tricks. Stay tuned!
1. Using Arrow Keys to Go to the End of Excel Sheet
The simplest way to move to the end of an Excel sheet is using the keyboard shortcut. Follow the steps below-
- While in the worksheet select any cell. Here I have selected cell (B5).
- Now press Ctrl+→→ to move to the last row of the worksheet or the end of the worksheet.
- From the screenshot, you will see we have moved to the end of the worksheet within seconds.
- This time we will show you how to go to the end of the sheet column-wise. To do so select a cell (C12) and press the down arrow key (↓) while holding the Ctrl
- Finally, the selected cell has moved to the end of the worksheet.
You can also move to the end cell of the worksheet with a keyboard shortcut. Below I have explained the steps. Please follow-
- Choose any cell in the worksheet. Here I have selected cell (C12).
- Hence, holding the Ctrl key press the down and right arrow (↓→) once.
- In conclusion, we reached the end of the worksheet in a glimpse.
In the following steps, I have also shared some more steps which might be helpful to you.
- In order to move to the first cell of your worksheet press the Ctrl+Home button.
- Thus you will reach the first cell of the worksheet.
If you want you can also go to the last cell of your dataset in the blink of your eye. To do that-
- While in a cell (B4) press Ctrl+End.
- Within a second, you will move to the end cell of your data table.
Read More: How to Select Cells in Excel Using Keyboard
2. Use of Excel Name Box to Go to the End of the Sheet
Using the name box you can move to any cell any time you want. Follow the steps accordingly-
- First, at the top of your worksheet select the “Name Box”.
- Second, double-click to edit and put this cell number “XFD1048576” and press Enter.
- In conclusion, you will go to the end of the worksheet automatically. Simple isn’t it?
Things to Remember
- If you are using Mac then you can press the “Fn+^+→” keys to go to the end of your Excel sheet.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this article, I have tried to cover all the methods to go to the end of the Excel sheet. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. I hope you find it helpful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience.
- How to Select Multiple Cells in Excel Without Mouse
- How to Select Cells in Excel Without Dragging
- How to Select Large Data in Excel Without Dragging
- [Solved!] CTRL+END Shortcut Key Goes Too Far in Excel
- How to Select Column to End of Data in Excel
- How to Go to Last Non Empty Cell in Column in Excel