We might have a lot of data but if it is not sorted, it will not bring much benefit. Data should be analyzed before sorting. If we could not find the Data Analysis button, it would be a bigger problem in case of sorting. In this article, I am going to discuss, what to do when Data Analysis not showing in Excel.
Basics of Data Analysis Feature
Data Analysis is normally used to describe and illustrate, condense and recap, and evaluate raw data. It is the process of cleansing, transforming, and analyzing raw data to obtain relevant and usable information. To ease your effort to do these types of tasks Excel offers a Data Analysis feature.
In the Data Analysis feature, you will find different tools to get some meaningful numeric values, among the tools, there are different options related to statistics and accounting like Correlation, Covariance, Regression, etc. These factors are used for advanced analysis of the available data.
N.B. The Data Analysis feature is available in Microsoft Office versions that are released after 2013.
Reasons for Data Analysis Not Showing in Excel
Data Analysis not showing in Excel is a major problem that could lead to some serious difficulties. The main reasons for Data Analysis not showing in Excel could be:
- Excel Analysis ToolPak in Add-ins is not loaded.
- Required Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher options are not checked from Trust Center
These are the most probable reasons that could lead to this problem.
2 Effective Solutions for Data Analysis Not Showing in Excel
1. Checking Analysis ToolPak Add-in
Checking the Analysis ToolPak option is the most probable solution to Data Analysis not showing in Excel problem. To apply the solution, you need to follow the following steps.
- Firstly, go to the File tab.
- From there, select Options.
- Click on Add-ins.
- Then, you can choose either Excel Add-ins or COM Add-ins. I chose the Excel Add-ins option, Data Analysis toolpak is within this.
- Next, press on Go.
- Now, check one Add-in at a time and press OK.
- Finally, go to the Data tab to verify the Data Analysis option.
- How to Analyze Sales Data in Excel (10 Easy Ways)
- Analyze Large Data Sets in Excel (6 Effective Methods)
- How to Analyze Likert Scale Data in Excel (with Quick Steps)
- Analyse Qualitative Data from a Questionnaire in Excel
- How to Analyze Data in Excel Using Pivot Tables (9 Suitable Examples)
2. Fixing Add-ins Issue from Trust Center Command
Another probable solution to this problem of Data Analysis not showing in Excel could be checking the Required Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher options from the Trust center option.
- First of all, click on the File tab.
- Now, select Options.
- Next, pick the Trust Center option.
- Apart from this, click on Trust Center Settings.
- Go to Add-ins.
- Now, check the box named Required Application Add-ins to be signed by Trusted Publisher and press on OK.
- Click OK again to finish the process.
- Finally, you can go to the Data tab to check the Data Analysis option whether it is showing or not.
I have tried to simply explain the 2 valid solutions for the problem of Data Analysis not showing in Excel. I hope it will work just fine. It will be a matter of great pleasure for me if this article could help any Excel user even a little. You can add other probable solutions to this problem if you have any. For any further queries, comment below. You can visit our Exceldemy site for further information on Excel.