This tutorial will demonstrate how to convert XML to XLSX without opening the file. XML is a markup language. It is mainly used for giving definitions of markup languages. XML is mostly used for creating formats for data transferring or records or encoding particular documentation. But after all the uses of the XML file, when it comes to editing or displaying the data to viewers it is easier to use the XLSX file. So, it is very important to convert XML to XLSX without opening this file.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook from here.
Step-by-Step Procedures to Convert XML to XLSX Without Opening File
Our goal is to convert XML files to XLSX files without opening the file. To do that, we have to follow the steps described below. If you follow the steps correctly then you should learn how to convert XML to XLSX without opening a file on your own. The steps are:
1. Opening Blank Workbook
In this case, we are in the beginning step of converting an XML to an XLSX file.
- First, open Microsoft Excel on your device.
- Next, click on the Blank workbook to open a new workbook.
Read More: How to Extract Data from XML File to Excel (2 Easy Ways)
2. Importing XML File
Now in the next step, our goal is to learn to use the Data Tab and import the XML file and then transform it into an XLSX file. The step is described below.
- At first, go to the Data tab and select the Get Data option.
- Second, click on the From File option and select From XML option.
- Third, select the XML file and click on the Import option.
- Fourth, in the Navigator dialog box select the XML file and choose the option Transform Data.
- Last, you will get the below result and press the Close & Load option.
Read More: VBA Code to Convert XML to Excel (Apply with Quick Steps)
3. Saving XML File as XLSX
In the final section, we want to save the XLSX file as below described.
- Initially, check the XLSX thoroughly if it has any mistakes or not. If in any case, any data is not showing, then try using the Format Cells option and use the type of data you want to use or make the proper modification.
- Then, go to the File tab in the Menu tab.
- Finally, press Save As to save the file.
Read More: How to Convert Large XML to Excel (2 Effective Ways)
Converting XML File to XLSX with PDFelement
We want to learn to convert the XML file to an XLSX file by opening the file. For doing that, we have to use the PDFelement to convert the XML file.
- At first, open the XML file in Windows Explorer.
- Second, use the option Print.
- Third, select the Microsoft Print to PDF option and press Print.
- Fourth, the file will be saved as a PDF.
- Open this file and on the right side of the window, you will find Select PDF File and Convert to In the Select PDF File option, insert your recently generated pdf from an XML file. Then in the Convert to box select the XLSX option to have the desired XLSX file.
- Last, you will have the desired final result.
Things to Remember
- At first, you have to arrange an XML file before starting the whole process.
- Before saving the file as XLSX, you can make any formatting changes but we will recommend not to change any data in the file.
- If any change is needed before conversion, you can also Edit the XML But make sure you understand the changes properly.
Henceforth, follow the above-described methods. Thus, you will be able to convert XML to XLSX without opening the file. Let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.