Excel has a default background to present data with a great view. But sometimes we need to customize the background. There are some ways to change the background of the Excel Sheet. In this article, we will discuss those ways to change the background in Excel Sheet.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
4 Ways to Change Background in Excel Sheet
There are several ways to change the background of the Excel Sheet. Also, we will show several situations to change the background. Please follow the methods below.
1. Change Background of Excel Sheet Using Page Layout Tool
In this section, we will change the background of the Excel Sheet using the Page Layout tool.
- Go to the desired sheet first.
- Click on the Page Layout tab.
- Choose Background from the Page Setup group.
- A window appears named Insert Picture.
- From this window, we will select the source to insert an image to change the background.
- So, we select From a file option.
We already saved a file on our computer. So, to the desired folder from the File Explorer.
- Choose the file and press the Insert button.
- Now, look at the worksheet.
The background has changed successfully.
2. Modify Excel Sheet Background Using Keyboard Shortcut Keys
There is a simple keyboard shortcut to modify the background of the Excel Sheet.
- Just press Alt+P+G from the keyboard.
- We can see the Insert Pictures window appears.
- Click on From a file option.
- Now, choose the saved image from File Explorer.
- Finally, press the Insert button.
- Have a look at the worksheet now.
3. Use Fill Color Tool
In this section, we will just change the color of the background with the Fill Color tool.
- First, select the whole worksheet by pressing Ctrl+A.
- Click on the Fill Color tool from the Home tab.
- Choose the desired color from the list.
- Look at the worksheet now.
We can see that the background cell color of our existing data set has also changed here.
- How to Make an Excel Spreadsheet Look Like a Form
- Make Excel Look Like a Page (with Easy Steps)
- How to Change Worksheet Tab Color in Excel (5 Handy Methods)
- Make Excel Look Like an Application (with Easy Steps)
- How to Make Excel Look Pretty (16 Easy Formats)
4. Add a Printable Background
In this section, we will adjust the background of the printable worksheet. Not the whole worksheet background will change here.
- First, we will draw a shape.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- Choose the Rectangle shape from the Shapes option.
- We draw the rectangular shape here.
- Now, go to the Shape Format tab.
- Then, click on the Shape Fill Choose a color for the background from here.
We choose our required color from the list.
- Now, click on the Shape Outline option.
- This will indicate the shape boundary of the rectangle box.
- Again, choose a color here.
- Now, press the right button of the mouse.
- Choose Format Shape from the Context Menu.
- Go to the Fill option of the Format Shape.
- The Format Shape section is shown on the right side.
- Check the Picture or texture fill option.
- The default picture is showing now.
- We want to set out the desired picture.
- Click on the Insert option from the Picture source section.
- The Insert Picture window is showing now.
- Click on From a File option.
- Choose the desired image from the File Explorer and then click on the Insert button.
- Have a look at the worksheet.
The background color of the drawn shape has changed.
In this article, we described 4 suitable ways to change the background in Excel Sheet. I hope this will satisfy your needs. Please have a look at our website ExcelDemy and give your suggestions in the comment box.