In terms of working with Microsoft Excel, we might have to deal with a file written in other languages rather than English. There is nothing to worry. We can convert languages in Excel. If we get a file in German, we can translate it into English quite easily. In this article, I am going to explain 2 simple ways to translate a file from German to English in Excel. I hope it will be very helpful for you if you are looking for a simple and easy, yet effective way to translate a file from German to English.
Download Practice Workbook
2 Simple Ways to Translate Excel File from German to English
For the purpose of simplifying the whole procedure, I am going to use a dataset written in german. In the following section, I will try to translate the file from German to English. I will also try to explain each procedure.
1. Apply Translate Feature from Review Tab
Normally, we use a translator to translate any documents. The amazing fact about Excel is that there is already a built-in option to translate any written things into other languages. The whole procedure is discussed below.
- First of all, select a cell that contains german words.
- Next, go to the Review
- Then, click on Translate from the ribbon.
We will see a bar named Translator on the right side of the worksheet. There, we will have the selected words translated into English.
- Now, copy the translated texts.
- Finally, paste it on the specified cell.
- Repeat the same procedure to translate the whole dataset.
Thus, we can translate a file from German to English in Excel.
Read More: How to Translate Excel File to English (2 Easy Ways)
2. Use Google Translator
Google Translator is another amazing tool to translate an Excel file from German to English. The whole process is described in the below section.
- Click on Google apps from the browser.
- From the available options, click on Translate.
A new window named Google Translate will appear.
- Now, click on the Documents tab.
- Followingly, click on Browse your computer
- Now, select the Excel file from the computer and click on Open.
The Excel file will be attached to the Google Translate window.
- Afterward, click on Translate.
- Finally, click on Download translation to download the translated Excel file.
You can check the translated file by opening it. You will find the translated dataset.
Read More: How to Translate Language in Excel Formula (with Easy Steps)
For more expertise, you can practice here.
At the end of this article, I like to add that I have tried to explain 2 simple ways to translate Excel file from German to English. It will be a matter of great pleasure for me if this article could help any Excel user even a little. For any further queries, comment below. You can visit our site for more articles about using Excel.
- How to Translate an Excel File from Japanese to English
- Translate Chinese to English in Excel (2 Simple Methods)
- How to Translate Excel File from French to English (2 Quick Tricks)
- Translate Portuguese to English in Excel (4 Effective Ways)
- How to Translate Arabic to English in Excel (With Easy Steps)