Sometimes we get an Excel file in a different language rather than English. Excel has a built-in feature to translate the other language into English. In this article, we will demonstrate to you 2 quick methods to translate an Excel file from French to English. If you are also curious about it, download our practice workbook and follow us.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook for practice while you are reading this article.
2 Easy Methods to Translate Excel File from French to English
To demonstrate the approach, we consider a dataset of sales reports of a stationary store. The name of the products and the sales amount for the first three months of a year. So, our dataset is in the range of cells B5:E14. The text of this dataset is in French. We will translate it into English.
All the operations of this article are accomplished by using Microsoft Office 365 application.
1. Applying Translate Command from Review Tab
In this method, we are going to use the Translate command from the Review tab to translate the Excel file from French to English. The steps of this approach are given as follows:
- First of all, select the merged cell B2.
- Now, in the Review tab, click on the Translate command from the Language group.
- As a result, a side window called Translator will appear.
- In the dialog box, you will notice two boxes. Among them, the upper box, entitled From, will show our selected text and the language of that text automatically.
- In the To dialog box, choose your desired language. Here, we choose the English language.
- You will notice the translation of that text is shown in the To box.
- After that, select the entire text and press ‘Ctrl+C’ to copy the text.
- Then, press ‘Ctrl+V’ to paste the data.
- Similarly, follow the same process for the rest of the text.
- The file text will translate from French to English.
Thus, we can say that our working procedure works perfectly, and we are able to translate the text of the Excel file from French to English.
Read More: How to Translate Excel File to English (2 Easy Ways)
2. Use of Google Translator
In this approach, we will take help from the Google Translate website to translate the Excel file from French to English. The procedure is quite simple. The procedure of this method is explained below step-by-step:
- At first, open your browser and click on the Translate website.
- As a result, the Google Translate website will open.
- Now, select the Document option.
- Then, click on the Browse your computer option.
- Another dialog box called Open will appear.
- After that, choose the Excel file and click on Open.
- Next, click on the Translate button.
- It will take a while.
- At last, click on the Download translation option.
- Your translated file will be downloaded.
- Open the file with Microsoft Excel, and you will get the translated text.
Finally, we can say that our approach works successfully, and we are able to translate the Excel file.
Read More: How to Translate an Excel File from Japanese to English
That’s the end of this article. I hope that this article will be helpful for you and you will be able to translate an Excel file from French to English. Please share any further queries or recommendations with us in the comments section below if you have any further questions or recommendations.
Don’t forget to check our website, ExcelDemy, for several Excel-related problems and solutions. Keep learning new methods and keep growing!