The default language in Excel is English. This default language setup sometimes becomes difficult to comprehend for non-English users. Excel provides ways to translate the English language into different selected languages. In this article, we will show how to translate English to Hindi in Excel.
How to Translate English to Hindi in Excel: 2 Ways
In this article, we will talk about 2 ways to translate English to Hindi. In the first method, we will use the Translate command. In the second and last method, we will apply the Functions Translator Add-in to do the job.
1. Using Translate Command to Translate English to Hindi in Excel
The Translate command is Excel’s default way to translate languages. This command allows users to turn a word or sentence in one language into another language. It is a great feature as it helps people with no prior knowledge of Excel understand it in his/her language.
- To begin with, select the C5 cell.
- Then, go to the Review tab.
- From the tab, select Translate.
- As a result, a side dialogue box will appear.
- Excel will automatically detect the data in the D5 cell is in English under the From section.
- From the drop-down list of the To section, select Hindi.
- As a result, the word will be translated to Hindi.
- After that, scroll down and copy the Hindiword.
- Then paste the data in the D5 cell using CTRL+V.
- After that, if we choose the next data in the C6 cell, we will find that Excel has already turned it into Hindi in the To section.
- Repeat the process for the rest of the data cells.
Thus, you can translate English to Hindi by using the Translate command.
Read More: How to Translate Language in Excel Formula
2. Applying Functions Translator Add-in
The Functions Translator Add-in is an amazing feature in Excel. This Add-in converts the functions and formulas of Excel from one language to another. This feature has 3 parts. One is Reference where one can see all the functions translated into his/her language of preference and also customize the filter to see functions from a particular field. The second part is called Dictionary where you can search for any function and see its translation in your preferred language. The final part is named Translator where you could write or paste simple or complicated formulas from the cell and find the translation.
- To start with, go to the Insert tab.
- Then, choose the Get Add-ins command.
- As a result, a prompt will appear.
- In the prompt, type Functions Translator in the search box.
- As a result, the add-in will appear in the prompt.
- Finally, click on Add to add the add-in to your Excel file.
- Consequently, the Add-in will be included in the Home tab.
- After that, select the C10 cell and copy the formula using Ctrl+C.
- Then, go to the Home tab.
- From the Home tab, click on the Translator command.
- As a result, a dialogue box will appear to the right of the screen.
- Then, from the drop-down list of the To section, select Hindi.
- Then, click on the arrow pointing to the left.
- Then, press Ctrl+V to paste the previously copied formula into the first box.
- After that, press the downward arrow denoting Translate the formula from English to Hindi.
- As a result, the formula should be translated to Hindi. But Microsoft Excel does not allow Excel functions to be in Hindi So you will see the function name in English.
Thing to Remember
- The translation of the AVERAGE function from English to Hindi does not change. So as with most of the other functions.
Read More: How to Use Google Translate Formula in Excel
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the practice workbook here.
In this article, we have shown how to translate English to Hindi in Excel in two different ways. These two methods will not only allow users to translate texts or numbers into their native language but also different formulas. If you have any questions regarding this essay, feel free to let us know in the comments.