A4 is the most used paper format in the world. We use this format in different places to print out various types of documents. But the worksheet that we work on has some limitations. Like some worksheets that we work on have large column widths or increased column numbers. To appropriately accommodate all these cells and view them you need to follow the below guide where different types of methods are discussed elaborately with real-life explanations. Therefore, the question of how to print an Excel sheet in A4 size will discuss below in 4 different ways.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook below.
4 Ways to Print Excel Sheet in A4 Size
We are going to use the below dataset for demonstration purposes. Case Id, Economic Position, Occupation Type, Home, Gender, Region, Adults, Children, Household, etc., and the income-expenditure are from column B through column N. This worksheet’s large column width will help us to demonstrate properly how to fit this sheet into an A4 page setup and print.
1. Print Excel Sheet in A4 Size Using Page Layout Tab
To print this large Excel sheet having so many columns, you need to follow the below instructions,
- Firstly, you need to go to Page Layout, then click on the small arrow sign in the corner in the Page Setup.
- After clicking the arrow, a new window will open and from that window go to Page. Then from Scaling, enter 1 into Fit to And enter 1 in the page wide by the box.
- By then, select A4 in the Paper size window and click OK. Leave other options as it is.
- After opening the print preview by pressing Ctrl+P, you will see that the print size box now is now set to A4. Clicking the Print button will print the sheet in A4 format.
2. Defining Size to Print Excel Sheet in A4 Size
You can directly specify the size of the sheet in the page setup group. This method is the easiest and most convenient one to use.
- To define size, go to the Page Layout tab, then from the Page Setup group, click on Size.
- After clicking Size, a new dropdown menu will appear, from that menu select A4.
- After selecting A4, press Ctrl+P to open print preview, in the preview you will notice that the paper size is set to A4, clicking the Print button will print the sheet.
Related Content: How to Print Sheet on One Page in Excel (9 Easy Ways)
- How to Print Excel Sheet with Header on Every Page in Excel (3 Methods)
- How to Print Gridlines with Empty Cells in Excel (2 Methods)
- VBA Code for Print Button in Excel (5 Examples)
- How to Set Print Titles in Excel (2 Methods)
- How to Print Excel Sheet with Table (4 Methods + Tricks)
3. Defining Page Size from Print Preview Window
In this process, you can set the page size through the Print Preview window directly.
- Open the Print Preview window by pressing Ctrl+P.
- Click the paper size box, and then a new drop-down menu will appear.
- From that box select Cell A4.
- This will set page settings to A4, check the margins and the scaling, to set whether you want to keep all the columns on one page or all rows on one page.
- After checking all of these settings, click on the Print button, and it will print the worksheet.
4. Scaling Data and Print Sheet in A4 Size
You need to scale the data to visualize the data properly within the window of an A4 page. Without good scaling, most of the content in the worksheet is at risk of poor visibility. The steps of scaling the excel sheet properly are given below.
- To set the page in A4, and make sure all content is visible properly, go to Page Layout > Orientation > Landscape.
- After selecting Landscape, go to print preview and notice that your paper size is set to A4. If it is not in A4, set it to A4.
- Check the margins and the scaling, whether you want to keep all the columns on one page or all rows on one page. To set this select Fit all columns in One Page or select Fit Sheet for One Page to fit all rows and columns into one page.
To sum it up, the question “How to Print Excel Sheets in A4 Size” is answered here in real-life data with explanations in 4 different ways. Here you need to use the page setup option on a frequent basis to make this procedure successful. We actually make different versions of the usage of page setup options in different methods.
For this problem, a practice workbook is available for download where you can practice and get familiar with these methods.
Feel free to ask any questions or feedback through the comment section. Any suggestion for the betterment of the Exceldemy community will be highly appreciable.