Sometimes we need to insert a picture into an Excel cell to make the worksheet dynamic, beautiful and informative. Today we are going to learn some quick and easy methods to insert a picture in an Excel spreadsheet.
Download the following workbook and exercise.
3 Methods to Insert Picture into Excel Cell
1. Copy Paste Method to Insert Picture into an Excel Cell
We can easily Copy from other applications like Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Paint and Paste the picture into Microsoft Excel.
- First, copy the picture from the other applications by pressing Ctrl+C.
- Then paste it to the excel spreadsheet by pressing Ctrl+V together.
- Now make the cell bigger so that the picture can fit.
- Resize the picture and Right-Click on it.
- After that, select Format Picture from the Context Menu options.
- A dialogue box opens on the right side of the sheet.
- Here from the Size & Properties part, select Properties > Move and size with cells.
- It’s done. We can copy or move the cell now and it’ll remain the same size as the cell.
Read More: How to Insert an Image into a Cell with Excel VBA (2 Methods)
2. Insert Picture From The Computer into Excel Cell
To insert a picture from the computer files or folders, we need to follow the following steps.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- From the Illustration drop-down, select Picture > This Device.
- The Insert Picture dialogue box from the computer opens.
- Select the required picture and Click on the Insert.
➧NOTE: We can also select multiple pictures by holding the Ctrl key.
- Now we can see the selected picture in the worksheet.
- Finally, we can resize the picture and fit it into the cell as shown already in the first method.
Read More: Excel VBA: Insert Picture from Folder (3 Methods)
3. Insert Picture from Online into Excel Cell
Web pages are a huge source of pictures. If we have an internet connection, we can easily insert pictures into Excel cells.
- Select the Insert tab from the ribbon.
- Go to Illustrations > Pictures > Online Picture.
- An Online Pictures window pops up.
- Here we can search for the picture we want to insert.
- We can also insert from the OneDrive by clicking on it but for that, we must Sign In to our Microsoft Account first.
- In the search box, write down the name and select the picture we want to use, and Click on the Insert.
➧NOTE: We can select multiple pictures also.
- We must check out the copyright of the picture to make sure to use it legally.
- The picture is downloading now.
- After completing the download, resize it to fit the cell.
- Finally, it is done.
Read More: How to Insert Picture from URL Using VBA in Excel (2 Methods)
By following these ways, we can easily and quickly insert a picture into an Excel cell. There is a practice workbook added. Go ahead and give it a try. Feel free to ask anything or suggest any new methods.