If you are looking for the solution to Excel subscripts not working, then you are in the right place. While dealing with various numbers or digits we need to use subscript to represent values. In this article, we’ll try to discuss solutions to Excel subscript not working.
Download Practice Workbook
4 Possible Solutions When Subscript Is Not Working in Excel
Excel offers various ways for the solution to add subscripts. We just need to follow some simple steps in every method.
1. Using Format Cells
Using the Format Cells option is an easy way to activate a subscript. Suppose, in the following dataset, we need to add 4 as a subscript after WERT in cell C5.
- Firstly, select 4 > right-click on it > choose Format Cells.
- Eventually, a Format Cells window will appear.
- Secondly, select Subscript in the Effects box > click OK.
- Consequently, 4 will be added as subscripts like this.
- Lastly, follow the same procedures to fill other cells of Column C as Product ID with subscripts.
Read More: How to Write Subscript in Excel (11 Easy Ways)
2. Applying Quick Access Toolbar
We can use the Quick Access Toolbar to activate subscript.
- Firstly, click the drop-down bar shown in the figure.
- Secondly, choose More Commands.
- Eventually, an Excel Options window will appear.
- Thirdly, go to Quick Access Toolbar > select Subscript > click Add > again click Subscript > press OK.
- Now, write the code of Product ID. In this case, it is WERT4 where 4 should be a subscript.
- Fourthly, mark 4 > click X2.
- Eventually, 4 will turn into a subscript like this.
- Similarly, do the same thing for other cells in Column C too, and finally, we’ll get the output like this.
Read More: How to Add Subscript in Excel Graph (7 Easy Methods)
3. Adding Subscript from Equation
We can add subscripts from the Equation feature manually. To do this, we need to follow the steps below.
- Firstly, go to Insert > click Symbol > select Equation.
- Secondly, go to Equation > choose Structures > select Script > pick Subscripts box from the options.
- Eventually, a box will appear like this.
- Now, put 4 in the subscript position inside the box and WERT in the normal position.
- Fourthly, place the box inside the C5 cell by sliding it.
- Lastly, click outside of the box anywhere inside the sheet.
- Eventually, the Product ID with a subscript in the C5 cell will be like this.
Read More: How to Write CO2 in Excel (5 Easy Methods)
4. Using Ink Equation
We can also use the Ink Equation to add subscripts. The steps below need to be followed.
- Firstly, go to Insert > choose Symbol > select Equation > pick Ink Equation.
- Eventually, a Math Input Control window will appear like this.
- Secondly, click Write.
- Thirdly, write manually WERT and 4 as subscript > click Insert.
- Eventually, the writing box will appear like this.
- Lastly, click outside the box and finally, the subscript will be added like this.
That’s all about today’s session. And these are the ways of solution to Excel subscripts if not working. We strongly believe this article would be highly beneficial for you. Don’t forget to share your thoughts and queries in the comments section and explore our website Exceldemy, a one-stop Excel solution provider.