In this article, we will learn to type the diameter symbol in Excel. The diameter symbol [⌀] looks like an O with a slash. It is also known as slashed O or O with stroke. In Excel, we can’t type the diameter symbol directly from the keyboard. Today, we will discuss 4 methods. These methods are easy and quick to apply. So, without further delay, let’s jump to the discussion.
How to Type Diameter Symbol in Excel: 4 Quick Methods
1. Use Insert Tab to Type Diameter Symbol in Excel
In the first method, we will use the Insert tab to type the diameter symbol. Excel has some built-in symbols. From that, we can bring the diameter symbol to our Excel sheet. Follow the steps below to know the whole procedure.
- In the first place, select cell C5.
- Go to the Insert tab and select Symbol. It will open the Symbol dialog box.
- After that, select ASCII (decimal) in the from box.
- Then, select the diameter symbol and click on Insert.
- Finally, you will see the diameter symbol in cell C5.
Read More: How to Type Math Symbols in Excel
2. Type Diameter Symbol in Excel Using Alt Key
Another way to type the diameter symbol is to use the Alt key and Alt code of the keyboard. Every symbol in Windows holds a specific Alt code. We can use this code to get the essential symbols.
- In the beginning, we selected cell C5.
- After that, turn on the Num Lock key on the keyboard.
- Now, press and hold the Alt key.
- Press 0216 from the keyboard while holding the Alt key. It will not work if you use the number keys at the top of the keyboard.
- In the end, release the Alt key and you will see the diameter symbol in the desired cell.
For Mac, press Option + Shift + O on the keyboard to type the diameter.
Read More: How to Insert Degree Symbol in Excel
3. Insert Excel CHAR Function to Type Diameter Symbol
We can also use the CHAR function to type the diameter symbol in Excel. The CHAR function gets the symbol specified by the code number. To type any symbol with the CHAR function, you must know the Alt code. For the diameter symbol, the Alt code is 0216.
- Select cell C5 and type the formula.
- After that, press Enter to see the diameter symbol.
Read More: How to Add Symbol Before a Number in Excel
4. Copy Diameter Symbol from Character Map to Type in Excel
In the last method, we will copy the diameter symbol from the character map and paste it into our Excel sheet.
- Firstly, go to the Windows Search Bar and type Character Map.
- Click on the Character Map app to open it.
- Then check the Advanced view in the Character Map dialog box.
- Type o with in the Search for box.
- After that, click on Search.
- Now, double-click on the diameter symbol and click on Copy.
- Select cell C5 and press Ctrl + V to paste the diameter symbol.
You can also copy the diameter symbol from the internet and paste it into an Excel sheet.
Download Practice Book
Download the practice book here.
In this article, we have demonstrated 4 quick methods to type the diameter symbol in Excel. These methods are simple and easy to understand. I hope these methods will help you to perform your tasks easily. Furthermore, we have also added the practice book at the beginning of the article. To test your skills, you can download it to exercise. Last of all, if you have any suggestions or queries, feel free to ask in the comment section below.
- How to Insert Square Root Symbol in Excel
- How to Insert Less Than or Equal to Symbol in Excel
- How to Insert Greater Than or Equal to Symbol in Excel
- How to Insert Sigma Symbol in Excel
- How to Put a Plus Sign in Excel without Formula
- How to Type Minus Sign in Excel Without Formula
- How to Use Multiply Sign in Excel