While writing an equation or comparing numbers in Excel, we need to insert different types of symbols. Among all the symbols, less than or equal to a symbol is one of them. In this article, I will show you 5 quick methods to insert the ‘less than or equal to’ symbol in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You can download the Excel file from the following link and practice along with it.
5 Ways to Insert ‘Less Than or Equal to’ Symbol in Excel
In the following picture, Sara got A+ in her Biology subject. But her mark is unknown. But it is certain that her mark is more than equal to 80. I will represent this information with the ‘less than or equal to’ symbol on the right side of her mark 80.
1. Symbol Command to Insert ‘Less Than or Equal to’
Excel has a huge collection of symbols under the Symbol command. I will use this command to insert the ‘less than or equal to’ sign.
❶ At first, select cell C7 and then go to Insert ➤ Symbol.
❷ Then click on Symbol.
❸ Select Mathematical Operators in the Subset box.
❹ Now click on the ‘less than or equal to’ sign.
❺ Then click Insert.
The sign will be attached to the selected cell.
2. Insert ‘Less Than or Equal to’ Symbol Using Keyboard Shortcut
There’s a numerical code against each of the symbols in Excel. The numerical code for the ‘less than or equal to’ sign is 243.
To insert the symbol using the keyboard shortcut,
❶ Select a cell first.
❷ Then press and hold the ALT key.
❸ After that, type 243 using your keyboard.
❹ Now release the ALT key.
You will see that the symbol has already been inserted into your selected cell.
- How to Add Currency Symbol in Excel (6 Ways)
- Insert Rupee Symbol in Excel (7 Quick Methods)
- How to Insert Tick Mark in Excel (7 Useful Ways)
- Type Delta Symbol in Excel (8 Effective Ways)
- How to Type Diameter Symbol in Excel (4 Quick Methods)
3. Using Equation to Insert ‘Less Than or Equal to’ Symbol
Here, I will show to how to insert the ‘less than or equal to’ symbol in Excel using the Equation command.
❶ First of all, select cell C7.
❷ Then go to Insert ➤ Symbol ➤ Equation.
❸ Under the Equation tab find the ‘less than or equal to’ symbol.
❹ Double click on it.
The symbol will be inserted in a separate moveable share.
❺ Drag the symbol into cell C7 after the number 80.
So, this is how we can separately insert the symbol into a cell in Excel.
4. Applying Ink Equation to Insert ‘Less Than or Equal to’ Symbol
The Ink Equation allows us to draw a symbol in Excel. Then it automatically recognizes the symbol that we drag. After that, it suggests us the original symbol.
Here’s how to use the Ink Equation.
❶ Go to Insert ➤ Symbol ➤ Equation.
❷ With the Equation tab selected, go to Tool group ➤ Ink Equation.
Math Input Control dialog box appears.
❸ Drag the ‘less than or equal to’ sing in the dialog box.
Excel will suggest you the original symbol.
❹ Just hit Insert to insert the symbol into your Excel sheet.
After inserting the symbol, you will find it in a moveable rectangular shape.
❺ Drag the symbol right after 80 in cell C7.
Now you will get the symbol in your Excel sheet like this.
5. Insert ‘Less Than or Equal to’ Symbol Using Character Map
Finally, you can use the Character Map feature to insert the ‘less than or equal to’ symbol in Excel.
❶ First of all, go to the Window Search Box.
❷ Then type Chapter Map.
The Character Map will appear.
❸ Click on Open.
The Character Map dialog box appears.
❹ Select Advanced View.
❺ Type ‘Less than or Equal to’ in the Search for box.
The symbol will appear in the dialog box.
❻ Then click Select.
❼ After that click on Copy to copy the symbol in the clipboard.
❽ Come back to cell C7 and put the cursor right after the number 80.
❾ Now press CTRL + V to paste the symbol into the cell.
To sum up, we have discussed 5 ways to insert less than or equal to sign in Excel. And don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comment section below. We will try to respond to all the relevant queries asap. And please visit our website Exceldemy to explore more.
- How to Insert Degree Symbol in Excel (6 Suitable Methods)
- Insert Symbol in Excel Footer (3 Effective Ways)
- How to Put a Plus Sign in Excel without Formula (3 Easy Methods)
- insert square root symbol in Excel (7 easy ways)
- How to Type Minus Sign in Excel Without Formula (6 Simple Methods)
- Put 0 in Excel in Front of Numbers (5 Handy Methods)
- How to Insert Dollar Sign in Excel Formula (3 Handy Methods)