Using keyboards while working in Excel can increase efficiency and speed. It often saves time and reduces boredom. Changing the font size every time using a mouse could be time-consuming. In this article, we will show you how to increase font size using keyboard in Excel in 3 easy ways.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook for practice while you are reading this article.
3 Easy Ways to Increase Font Size Using Keyboard in Excel
In this article, we will demonstrate 3 easy methods to increase font size in Excel using a keyboard only. For this purpose, we will use the following dataset.
1. Use Format Cells Feature
In this method, we will use the Format Cells feature to increase font size in Excel. The steps are discussed below.
- First of all, select the cell and highlight the text you want to change the font of.
- Then press Ctrl+Shift+P Format Cells window will pop up.
- Now press Alt+S buttons to activate the font size.
- To increase the font size, use the down arrow key or simply type your desired font size.
- After that, press Enter and you will get your text size in the increased font.
Read More: How to Increase Font Size for Printing in Excel (2 Suitable Ways)
2. Apply One Step Shortcut
This is the quickest method to increase font size in Excel using a keyboard. We will show you the steps to follow the procedure.
- First, select the cell and highlight the text to increase the font.
- Next, press Ctrl+H+F+G on the keyboard to increase the font size.
- Here, Ctrl+H opens the Home tab and shows keyboard shortcuts for its features where FG is the key for increasing font.
- Therefore, pressing the F+G keys after Ctrl+H increases the text font size.
Read More: How to Change Default Font in Existing Excel Workbook
3. Run a VBA Code
This time we will run a VBA code using only a keyboard to increase font size in Excel. Read the following steps to learn how to do it.
- First of all, go to the cell you want to change the size of the font.
- Then press Alt+F11 to open the Microsoft Visual Basic window.
- Now we need to insert a new Module to write the code. To do that, press Alt+I+M.
- Next, copy the following code using Ctrl+C and then paste it on the module using Ctrl+V.
Sub IncreaseFont() ' ' IncreaseFont ' ' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+e ' With Selection.Font .Name = "Calibri" .Size = 14 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False .OutlineFont = False .Shadow = False .Underline = xlUnderlineStyleNone .ThemeColor = xlThemeColorLight1 .TintAndShade = 0 .ThemeFont = xlThemeFontMinor End With Selection.Font.Bold = False End Sub
- Press F5 to run the code and go back to the Excel
- You will find the text in your desired font size.
Read More: How to Change Font in Excel to All Caps (6 Simple Ways)
Things to Remember
- Press the right keys while following the steps. You won’t get the desired result even if you press just one wrong key.
- While writing the code for the VBA method, you can add a shortcut key to run the code.
Thanks for making it this far. I hope you find this article useful. Now you know 3 easy methods to increase font size using keyboard in Excel. Please let us know if you have any further queries and feel free to give us any recommendations in the comment section below.