While working in Microsoft Excel sometimes we face problems with font changes. This happens when we have a default setting applied in our Excel workbook. If you want you can change the system settings easily. Today, in this article, I am sharing with you how to solve font changes automatically in Excel. Stay tuned!
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
2 Simple Methods to Solve If Font Changes Automatically in Excel
In the following, I have described 2 simple and easy methods to solve font changes automatically in Excel.
Suppose we have a dataset of some Employee Name, Total Attendance, Total Salary, and Employee Performance. Now we will solve the font-changing problem in this table using some simple tricks.
1. Utilization of Format Cells Feature
You can simply use the format cells feature to solve font-changing problems in Excel. Sometimes while changing the column and row width, you will face the font of the cell value changing according to cell size. This happens when you have activated the “Shrink to fit” feature of Excel. Just remove the checkmark from the “Shrink to fit” option and the font will not change anymore.
- Select the whole dataset and right-click the mouse button to get multiple options.
- From the options choose “Column Width”.
- Next, from the appeared new window change the column width value and click OK to continue.
- This time you will see the font size changes according to the shrinkage of the cells. This is the problem we often face while editing our dataset.
- So, without moving here and there let’s go to our solution in the following.
- First, choose the whole table and press CTRL+1 to open the “Format Cells” window.
- After that, checkmark the “Wrap text” option from the “Alignment” feature.
- Hence, click OK to continue.
- Now, if we change the size of the table you will see the values are wrapping instead of changing the font. Enjoy!
Read More: How to Change Font in Excel to All Caps (6 Simple Ways)
2. Use of Excel Options to Solve Font Changes Automatically Issue
When you open a new workbook you will see a default font chosen inside the worksheet. This might irritate you while working. Well, I have come out with a simple solution for this. Using the Excel options you can solve font-changing automatic problems quickly. Follow the instructions below-
- To start with, open your workbook and go to the “File” option from the top ribbon.
- Next, click “Options” from the left pane.
- Thereafter, from the new “Excel Options” window choose your desired “Font” and “Font size” from the “General” feature.
- To finish, press OK.
- Now, open a new workbook and you will see your default font and font size chosen for the new workbook. Thus changing the font automatically will not happen anymore. Simple isn’t it?
Read More: [Fixed!] Excel Default Font Is Not Changing (4 Quick Solutions)
In this article, I have tried to cover all the methods of solving font changing automatically in Excel. Take a tour of the practice workbook and download the file to practice by yourself. I hope you find it helpful. Please inform us in the comment section about your experience. We, the Exceldemy team, are always responsive to your queries. Stay tuned and keep learning.