You may have created a document in Excel, scaled the sheet size and printed it. Usually, the page size in an Excel sheet for printing is selected to Letter by default. But you may need to add A3 paper size to your Excel sheet on demand. This article will show you how to add A3 paper size in an Excel workbook.
Download Practice Workbook
About A3 Size Paper
There are a variety of paper sizes available in Excel: Letter, legal, statement, A4, A3, Executive, Note, Envelope, etc. However, the default paper size in Excel is “Letter”, but you are allowed to change the paper size anytime on your demand basis. And you can also customize paper size if the required one is not listed in the menu list.
A3 paper is 11.7×16.5 inches (297×420 mm) by size. On the other hand, the default paper size Letter is 8.5×11 inches. So A3 size is a bit larger than the default size.
Advantages of Using A3 Paper Size
After selecting the paper size, a page break will be visible on the current worksheet. Whether you increase or decrease the width of the column, the page break that means the edge of the page will remain the same. So, it will allow you to visualize your working area. The default paper size in Excel offers a confined space. And if you need to print more area at a time, you can change the paper size to A3 which will offer you to cover a greater working area. You can also print your sheet in a greater form by using A3 paper size.
2 Quick Ways to Add A3 Paper Size in Excel
In this section, you’ll find 2 quick methods for adding A3 paper size in an Excel workbook. Let’s check them now!
1. Use Page Layout Tab to Add A3 Paper Size
Let’s say, we have got a dataset of some sales representatives of a shop and the amount of their sales over a certain period of time.
We want to print them on A3 paper and for this, we need to add A3 paper to the Excel sheet. To add A3 paper size by using this method, follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to the Page Layout tab.
- Then click the Size icon > select A3. Your page will add A3 size paper to the workbook.
So easy, isn’t it? You will be able to add A3 size paper to your Excel workbook in the blink of an eye in this way!
2. Change Printer Properties to Add A3 Paper Size
Let’s say, for printing our previous dataset, we want to add A3 size paper in the Excel workbook. For adding A3 paper in Excel, just follow the steps below:
- First of all, go to the File tab.
- Then, click Print from the menu> select Microsoft XPS Document Writer from the dropdown list of Printer.
- After that, click Printer Properties.
- Now, a dialogue box will show up. Click Advanced on that box.
- After that, another dialogue box for Advanced Options will show up. Click the dropdown arrow of the Paper Size box.
- Now, select A3 from the list and click OK.
- Finally, your Excel sheet will add an A3 paper size.
In this way, you can easily add an A3 paper size to your Excel worksheet.
Points to be Noted
- You can manipulate the size of your Excel sheet to meet your demand.
- You can add a paper size to make the Excel printer-friendly.
- A3 paper size also depends on the Printer type. If your printer can’t print A3 paper, you don’t need to add A3 paper.
- You can switch back to A4 size when you need to do so by following the same procedure.
In this article, you have learned how to add an A3 paper size in Excel. I hope from now on, you can easily add A3 paper to your Excel sheet when you need to do so. If you have any better methods or questions or feedback regarding this article, please share them in the comment box. This will help me enrich my upcoming articles. For more queries, kindly visit our website ExcelDemy. Have a great day!
- How to Fit to Page in Excel (3 Easy Ways)
- Fit Excel Sheet on One Page in Word (3 Simple Ways)
- How to Stretch Excel Spreadsheet to Full Page Print (5 Easy Ways)
- Fit All Columns on One Page in Excel (5 Easy Methods)
- How to Change the Printing Scale So All Columns Will Print on a Single Page
- Why Is My Excel Sheet Printing So Small (Reasons and Solutions)