When you want to compare one text with another in Excel, Logical Operators pave the ways for performing this task. If one text is not equal to another in ...
Power Query is a beneficial tool of Excel for importing or connecting to external data sources, then editing that data (i.e. removing columns, changing the ...
You may change the cell background color easily from the Home tab of the Excel worksheet by changing the Fill Color of a cell. But do you know that you can ...
Are you looking for ways to evaluate strings as code with Excel VBA? Don’t worry! You have landed in the right place. In order to evaluate a string as code in ...
Want to learn the basics of a drawing register? Well… you have landed in the right place. This tutorial will provide a complete overview of the drawing ...
Historical volatility is a statistical measurement in a business model for getting dispersion of returns. As volatility is associated with risk factors in ...
Venn diagram is used to show the common and uncommon data under a specific category to show connections between the data and the category. Can you make a Venn ...
While printing Excel files, some issues related to scaling may occur and create disturbance to the user. To solve the scaling issue, a user needs to follow ...
You might be roaming around how you can clear items from VBA ComboBox in Excel. No need to worry anymore! You have come to the right place. Today we are going ...
Previously we have discussed the process of how to use ComboBox in Excel. You might be roaming around how you can clear items from VBA ComboBox in Excel. No ...
Today we are going to learn about the Excel COMBIN function. This tutorial will provide a complete overview of the COMBIN function in detail, the objective of ...
It is a common scenario to add spaces between texts in an Excel cell. You have added blank spaces, applied the find and replace feature in the context of ...
Sometimes you may need to import data from websites and show it in an Excel file. Most of the time, this happens for data entry purposes. So, if you are a data ...
A business organization purchases assets for its own purpose, The assets may be objective (i.e. products) or abstractive (i.e. services). It uses the purchased ...
Working Capital and Working Capital Days are very frequently used terms in any business model. A proper illustration of these two terms is undoubtedly ...
- Next Page »
Thanks for the appreciation.
As per your requirement, it is possible to allow multiple users to access and edit a workbook on a network computer. Here are some steps you can follow in this regard:
1. Save your workbook on a shared network drive that all users have access to.
2. Restrict editing access for other users to ensure only authorized users can edit the workbook.
3. Create a login form that allows users to enter their credentials to access the userform. You can store user credentials in a separate worksheet within the workbook or use an external database.
4. Use VBA code to pull the necessary data from the shared workbook and display it to the userform.
5. When a user makes changes to the data in the userform, use VBA code to write the changes back to the shared workbook.
6. Implement a save feature that automatically saves changes made to the shared workbook when the userform is closed.
7. Create a backup plan to ensure data is not lost in case of system failure or network issues. This can include regular backups or saving a copy of the workbook in a secure location.
8. Test the userform with different user accounts to ensure it works as intended and all users can access and edit the shared workbook.
Hope this guide helps you to approach and solve the issue you’re facing. Actually it is not possible to give an exact solution without checking the Excel file. Most probably you need physical assistance in this regard. Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. You can also send your Excel file to our official mail address: [email protected]
Have a great day!
Rafiul Hasan | ExcelDemy Team
Hi DIEP TRAN,
The “Yes to all” button is a feature in Excel that allows you to apply a selected action to all the occurrences of the same conflict during a process. This button is usually available in the Name Manager dialog box, which pops up when you create, edit or delete names in your workbook.
The availability of the “Yes to all” button may vary depending on the version of Excel you are using. However, in most versions of Excel, including the latest version, which is Excel 2021, the “Yes to all” button should be available in the Name Manager dialog box.
If you are not seeing the “Yes to all” button in the Name Manager dialog box, it could be that the dialog box is not showing all the options. You can try expanding the dialog box to see if the “Yes to all” button is hidden or check your Excel settings to ensure that the option is enabled.
Overall, it’s best to consult the specific version of Excel you are using or refer to the documentation to learn more about the availability and functionality of the “Yes to all” button in Excel.
Rafiul | ExcelDemy Team
Thanks for your concern. Actually, all the methods here explained are very easy to understand. Considering the situation, you have to choose the best-suited method for serving your purpose. If you don’t want to use any formula, then you can use Method 1.
Rafiul | ExcelDemy Team
Hello AARON MWALE,
Thanks for your comment. Sorry to hear that you’re facing issues with Excel.
When Excel hangs and starts an Undo action, that means Excel is trying to process a large amount of data or executing a complex operation. This may cause the program to be unresponsive for a period of time while it completes the task.
In order to stop the undo action, you can try pressing the “Esc” key on your keyboard. If this does not work, you can try pressing “Ctrl” & “Break” on your keyboard. If don’t find these helpful, you may need to wait for Excel to finish the operation before you can regain control of the program.
To prevent Excel from hanging and starting an Undo action in the future, you can try the following:
1. Limit the amount of data you are working with at one time. If you are working with a large amount of data, try breaking it up into smaller chunks that are easier for Excel to handle.
2. Close any unnecessary programs or applications running in the background. This can free up system resources and improve Excel’s performance.
3. Disable any add-ins or macros that may be causing Excel to slow down or become unresponsive.
4. Check for and install any available updates for Excel. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that can help prevent Excel from hanging in the future.
5. Consider upgrading your computer hardware if it is outdated or underpowered. Excel can be resource-intensive, and having a fast and capable computer can make a big difference in its performance.
Hope you find these ways helpful to overcome your issues.
Your PDF file should be readable in order to extract data. The application needs to recognize data. Please ensure a readable copy.
Thank you so much for letting us know. The formula has been edited. Thanks for your concern. Stay connected!
Author: ExcelDemy Team
Did you enter any newer data into your pivot table field? With newer or re-entry of data, you need to go to the PivotTable Fields window (at the right corner of the worksheet)-> unmark the corresponding field of your data (i.e. Ship Date for this article) -> right-click on the PivotTable and click Refresh-> again mark the corresponding field that you unmarked a little bit ago.
Thanks and Regards
You can customize the error message. In the Data Validation message box=> Error Alert icon, you can choose “Warning” style from the dropdown list. Now, if you try to input invalid data, the error message will show 3 options asking you whether you want to continue: Yes/No/Cancel/Help. Clicking “Yes” will allow you to proceed with the current value and will not show the error again.
Hello ANN HALL,
This may happen for different reasons.
1. Putting two statements in a single line. Check whether this is encountered and send the second statement in a new line.
2. Absence of parentheses.
3. Lack of whitespace in front of the ampersand(&) interpret as a long variable. So, put space between the variable and operator(&).
Hi KAREN LING,
Glad that you liked the template. This template has got fixed interest rate. You can add variable extra payments manually to your Excel file if you need it.
Rafi (ExcelDemy Team)
Thanks for your feedback. Can you please elaborate on your problem?
What I can say is that paying an extra amount from the minimum will reduce the next payments. You can proceed with your data. You can also share your Excel file with us and we will look into it.
Rafi (ExcelDemy Team)
Hi ABDUS SALAM,
An equation is not like a formula as it isn’t supposed to perform any calculation. You can’t enter an equation in a particular cell in Excel just like you do for a formula. What you can do here is that, you can adjust height and width of the “Equation Editor” box or the cell as if it looks like the equation stays in the cell. This can serve your purpose to some extent.
Thanks for your comment. An equation is not like a formula as it isn’t supposed to perform any calculation. You can’t enter an equation in a particular cell just like you do for a formula. What you can do here is that, you can adjust height and width of your “Equation Editor” box or the cell as if it looks like the equation stays in the cell. I think this can serve your purpose to some extent.