Sometimes we apply Borders in Excel cells to make them stand out. But we also need to Remove those Borders when they are not useful or necessary anymore in our Excel datasheets. In this article, you’ll get to know the quick methods to Remove cell Borders.
To make it easier for you, we will use the following example. Here, we have separated the Microsoft Services into Two Columns. Now, we’ll show you how to Remove the Borders in Excel with our proposed methods.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following workbook to practice by yourself.
4 Quick Ways to Remove Borders in Excel
1. Use Excel Borders Drop-Down to Remove Borders
We know Excel has different Tabs, Groups, Features, Tools, etc. In this method, we are going to use the Borders Drop–Down Feature to remove the cell borders.
Follow the steps given below to find the Feature and Remove the Borders.
- First of all, select the Cell or Range of Cells where the Border is.
- Then, in the Font group under the Home tab, go to the red-colored box as shown in the following image.
- Here, select the Down Arrow icon.
- A drop-down box will pop out as shown in the image.
- There, select the No Border option.
- After selecting No Border, you’ll see that all the borders have disappeared just like it’s shown in the picture below.
Read More: How to Remove Page Border in Excel (3 Methods)
2. Apply Erase Border Tool for Removing Borders in Excel
Another handy way to remove the borders from your desired Cells is to use the Erase Border Tool. We are going to apply the Erase Border Tool for this method.
- In the beginning, go to the red-colored box which you’ll find in the Font group under the Home tab.
- There, select the Down Arrow icon.
- A drop-down box will pop out.
- And then, select the Erase Border from the Draw Borders list.
- After selecting the Tool, an Eraser will appear.
- Click on the Borderlines you want to remove.
- For this example, select the Border between the 2nd and 3rd Columns.
- Finally, you’ll get your content as shown in the following image.
- How to Remove Grid from Excel (6 Easy Methods)
- Remove Partial Data from Multiple Cells in Excel (6 Ways)
- How to Remove Timestamps from Date in Excel (4 Easy Ways)
- Remove Number Error in Excel (3 Ways)
- How to Remove Decimals in Excel (13 Easy Ways)
3. Use Format Cells Option to Remove Borders in Excel
Another effective method in Excel to Remove Borders is to apply the Format Cells Option. This method offers a preview of your operations first in a dialogue box. Follow the step-by-step process given below to know how to use the method.
- Firstly, select the Cell or Range of Cells you want to work with.
- After that, press the Font Settings icon which you’ll find in the Font group under the Home tab as shown in the picture below.
- As you press that icon, a Format Cells dialogue box will appear.
- There, go to the Border tab.
- And then, select the None option from the Presets.
- Lastly, press OK.
- Eventually, you’ll get to see your Range of Cells like the following image.
Other different options are also available in this method to Remove your desired Cell Borders.
- First, select the Range of Cells you want to work with.
- Then, press that Font Settings icon.
- After that, go to the Border tab.
- There, click on the Border preview lines you want to remove.
- In this example, click the Border between the Rows, and doing so will remove the Border.
- After that, press OK.
- Finally, you’ll get to see your desired output.
Read More: How to Add Cell Borders Inside and Outside in Excel (5 Methods)
4. Remove Borders with Keyboard Shortcut in Excel
Our last method is the quickest way to Remove Borders in Excel. We’ll do that with the help of Keyboard Shortcut. Here, we’ll use ‘Ctrl + Shift + –’ keys. The usage guideline is given below.
- Firstly, select the Range of Cells where you want the Borders to be Removed.
- And then just press down ‘Ctrl’, ‘Shift’ and ‘–’ keys altogether as shown in the following image, marked as 1, 2, and 3.
- Pressing those altogether will Remove the Cell Borders and your output will be like the image below.
These above-mentioned methods can help you to Remove cell Borders in Excel effortlessly. Keep using them and let us know if you got any more ways to do the task in the comment section below. And feel free to drop suggestions and queries too.
- How to Change Border Color in Excel (3 Suitable Ways)
- How to Insert Border in Excel (5 Simple Methods)
- [Fixed!] Table Border Not Showing in Print Preview (2 Solutions)
- How to Print Borders at Page Break in Excel (2 Quick Methods)
- Remove Dashes from SSN in Excel (4 Quick Methods)
- How to Remove Negative Sign in Excel (7 Methods)