Excel is a very useful tool to do a large number of calculations using mathematical equations. Mathematical equations often include different symbols. One of them is the inverted delta symbol. In this article, we will show you how to insert inverted delta symbol in Excel in 8 easy ways.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook for practice while you are reading this article.
8 Easy Methods to Insert Inverted Delta Symbol in Excel
In this article, we will demonstrate 8 easy ways to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel. We will use the following dataset for this purpose.
1. Apply Copy-Paste Method to Insert Inverted Delta Symbol
This is the easiest method to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel. Read the following steps to insert the inverted delta symbol.
- First of all, copy the inverted delta symbol from below.
∇ ▼ ▽
- Next, open your Excel worksheet and right-click on the cell you want your symbol.
- Then, click on any of the paste options and you will find the inverted delta symbol in the cell.
- Follow the exact same procedure for all the other types of inverted delta symbols.
2. Utilize Symbols Feature in Excel
In this method, you will see the use of the Symbols feature to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel. The process is discussed below.
- First, select cell C5 and go to the Insert tab.
- Then, go to the Symbols feature from the ribbon and click on Symbol.
- The Symbol dialogue box will appear. To find the symbol in the dialogue box, select Cambria Math in the Font option and Mathematical Operation in the Subset option.
- Additionally, type 2207 in the Character code option and select the inverted delta symbol.
- Then, press Enter and get the symbol in cell C5.
- You can search and find all types of inverted delta symbols in the Symbol dialogue box.
3. Insert UNICHAR Function for Inserting Inverted Delta Symbol
Now we will show you how to use the UNICHAR function to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel. Follow these steps to learn.
- To begin with, select cell C5 and write down the following formula. 8711 is the Unicode of Nebla.
- Next, hit the Enter button to get the symbol.
- Similarly, you can get other types of inverted delta symbols by using the right Unicodes. For Wingdings 3: 113 and Wingdings 3: 115, the codes are 9660 and 9661.
4. Apply Keyboard Shortcut
This is the quickest method to insert the inverted delta symbol in Excel. Keep on reading to learn the keyboard shortcut to do it.
- First, select cell C5.
- Now, press 31 using your numeric keypad while holding down the Alt button.
- Release the Alt button when you are done typing 31 and the Wingdings 3: 113 symbol will be visible in the cell.
- How to Use DELTA Function in Excel (3 Practical Examples)
- Calculate Option Greek Delta in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Calculate Delta in Excel (2 Ideal Examples)
5. Insert CHAR Function
We will now use the CHAR function to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel. The steps are discussed below.
- First of all, select the cell where you want the symbol.
- Then type the following formula.
- Once you press Enter on your keyboard, you will find “q” in that cell.
- Now to convert this “q” to a symbol, go to Font and select Wingdings 3.
- This way, you will get your desired symbol.
- Similarly, you can do the same thing to get other types of symbols.
6. Use AutoCorrect Options in Excel
In this procedure, we will show you easy steps to modify the Autocorrect Option to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel.
- In the beginning, go to the File tab.
- Next, click on Options.
- The Excel option box will pop up. From there, click on Proofing.
- Then, select AutoCorrect Options.
- The AutoCorrect dialogue box will show up.
- In the dialogue box, write “Inv_delta” in Replace option and copy-paste the inverted delta symbol.
- Then, click on Add and OK to close the dialogue box.
- Now, go back to your Excel worksheet and type “Inv_delta”.
- Finally, press Enter to get the symbol.
- To get all other types of symbols, follow the same steps.
7. Utilize Equation Feature to Insert Inverted Delta Symbol
In this method, you will learn how to use the Equation feature to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel. The steps are given below.
- First of all, go to the Insert tab.
- Next, select Equation from the Symbols feature.
- A text box to write equations will open.
- Now, write “\nabla” in the text box.
- Then, press Space to get the symbol.
8. Apply Custom Formatting
In the last method, we will customize the number formats to insert an inverted delta symbol in Excel. Read the following steps to learn how to do it.
- First, select a cell and click on Format from the ribbon.
- In the format cells, select the Number tab and choose the Custom category.
- Then, type “General ∇” and click on OK to add the customized format.
- Finally, if you type any number and then hit Enter, you will find the inverted delta symbol beside the number.
- For example, if you type 5 and then press Enter, you will get 5 followed by an inverted delta symbol.
- Similarly, you can get all other types of inverted delta symbols too.
Things to Remember
- Make sure you type the correct Unicode to get the desired symbol.
- Some of the above methods don’t work for all types of inverted delta symbols.
Thanks for making it this far. I hope you find this article useful. Now you know 8 different methods to insert inverted delta symbols in Excel. Please let us know if you have any further queries and feel free to give us any recommendations in the comment section below.