We store various information in our Excel worksheet. They include texts, numbers, and even symbols. But, the input symbols are not a straightforward process. Sometimes, it may feel complicated. In this article, we’ll show you the effective and easy ways to Type Delta Symbol in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the following workbook to practice by yourself.
8 Effective Ways to Type Delta Symbol in Excel
To illustrate, we’ll use a sample dataset as an example. For instance, in the following dataset, we have Delta in B5. And, we’ll insert the Delta Symbol in C5.
1. Type Delta in Excel with Insert Symbol Feature
In our first method, we’ll use a built-in Symbol feature in Excel to Type Delta. Therefore, follow the steps below to perform the task.
- First, select cell C5.
- Then, go to Insert ➤ Symbols Symbol.
- As a result, the Symbol dialog box will pop out.
- After that, choose the Greek and Coptic option from the Subset drop-down.
- Also, choose Unicode (hex) from the from drop-down.
- Subsequently, click the Delta symbol and press Insert.
- Lastly, it’ll return the Delta Symbol in cell C5.
2. Transform Font into Symbol to Input Delta Sign
We can also change our fonts into symbols in the Excel worksheet to get our required sign. So, learn the following steps to get the Delta Symbol in Excel.
- Firstly, type D in cell C5.
- Afterward, choose Symbol in the Font section.
- At last, you’ll get your Delta Symbol.
3. Apply Keyboard Shortcut for Typing Delta Symbol in Excel
Moreover, we can use the Keyboard Shortcut to Type Delta Symbol in Excel. Hence, follow the process to carry out the operation.
- In the beginning, select cell C5.
- Then, press the Alt, 3, and 0 keys simultaneously.
- Finally, you’ll see the Delta Symbol as shown below.
- How to insert square root symbol in Excel (7 easy ways)
- Insert Less Than or Equal to Symbol in Excel (5 Quick Methods)
- Type Minus Sign in Excel Without Formula (6 Simple Methods)
- How to Put 0 in Excel in Front of Numbers (5 Handy Methods)
4. Input Delta Sign Through Excel AutoCorrect Feature
Additionally, we can insert Delta Sign using the Excel AutoCorrect Feature. Now, learn the following process carefully for Typing Delta Symbol in Excel.
- First of all, go to File ➤ Options.
- Consequently, the Excel Options dialog will appear.
- Now, select AutoCorrect Options in the Proofing tab.
- Thus, the AutoCorrect dialog box will emerge.
- Next, type dsym (or anything you wish) in the Replace box and Δ in the With box.
- Press Add and then, OK.
- After that, type dsym in C5 and press Enter.
- Accordingly, it’ll return the Delta Symbol.
5. Create Custom Format to Insert Delta Symbol
Again, we can create a Custom Format to Insert Delta Symbol. Therefore, go through the below steps.
- Input any number (20) in cell C5 first.
- Now, press the Ctrl and 1 keys together.
- Hence, the Format Cells dialog box will pop out.
- Next, in the Custom tab, input Δ General in the Type field.
- Finally, press OK and you’ll see Δ 20 in cell C5.
6. Use Excel CHAR Function for Getting Delta Sign
The Excel CHAR function takes a character code in its argument and returns the character. In this method, we’ll use this function to Type Delta Symbol in Excel. So, follow the steps below.
- Firstly, in cell C5 type the formula:
- Then, press Enter and choose Wingdings 3 as your Font.
- Thus, it’ll return the desired Delta Symbol.
- Similarly, in C5, type the formula:
- Press Enter and you’ll see a filled Delta Sign.
- Add Currency Symbol in Excel (6 Ways)
- Insert Rupee Symbol in Excel (7 Quick Methods)
- How to Insert Tick Mark in Excel (7 Useful Ways)
- How to Type Minus Sign in Excel Without Formula (6 Simple Methods)
7. Insert Delta with Excel VBA Code
However, you can apply the VBA code for inserting the Delta Symbol. Learn the process to perform the task.
- Select cell C5 at first.
- Then, go to Developer ➤ Visual Basic.
- Now, select Insert ➤ Module in the VBA window.
- Consequently, the Module window will appear.
- Next, copy the following code and paste it into the box.
Sub delta() Dim r As Range For Each r In Selection r.Value = r.Value & ChrW(916) Next r End Sub
- Save the file and press F5 to run the code.
- Finally, close the VBA window and you’ll see the Delta Symbol in C5.
8. Copy Delta Symbol from Character Map in Excel
In our last method, we’ll copy the Delta Symbol from the Character Map app. Therefore, follow the below steps.
- First of all, type ‘character map‘ in the Windows Search Bar.
- After that, select the App.
- As a result, the Character Map dialog box will emerge.
- There, check the box for Advanced View and type delta in the Search for field.
- Choose the desired symbol and press Copy.
- In cell C5, paste the symbol by pressing the Ctrl and V keys together.
- Thus, you’ll get the desired Delta Symbol in Excel.
Henceforth, you will be able to Type Delta Symbol in Excel following the above-described methods. Keep using them and let us know if you have more ways to do the task. Follow the ExcelDemy website for more articles like this. Don’t forget to drop comments, suggestions, or queries if you have any in the comment section below.