Headers and footers are used in Excel Sheets to show some information at the top and bottom respectively of each sheet. When we print the Excel file those are visible. The footers help to organize the pages sequentially from the page number. In this article, we will learn how to insert a footer in Excel with the proper illustration.
In this first method, we will use the Insert tab to add a footer in Excel.
- First, go to the Insert tab.
- Now, click on the Text field.
- We will see a list of options. Now, choose Header & Footer option.
- Look at the Tabs & Commands section.
The Header & Footers tab is showing here. We will insert the footer from this section.
- Click on the Go to Footer option.
We can see a box named Footer at the bottom of the sheet. There are 3 sections in the box. We can view the footer information at the right, left, or middle part of the sheet based on inputting information on those boxes.
- There are some default footer options in Excel. Click on the Footer tab.
- A list is shown here of different options. We choose our option from that list.
- Now, look at the bottom of the sheet.
Footer is showing mentioning page number.
Read More: How to Add Header in Excel
There is another option to insert a footer in Excel using the Page Layout tab.
- Now, click on the Page Layout tab.
- Click on the arrow of the Page Setup section.
- Page Setup window appears here.
- Choose the Header/Footer tab.
We can see the Footer box on the window.
- Click on the down arrow of the Footer.
- A list will show. Choose the desired footer from the list.
- Our desired footer has been selected here.
- Click on the Print Preview button.
- Now, look at the bottom section from the print preview. Footer is shown here.
We already showed how to insert a footer in Excel. In this, we will explain how to edit and remove from Excel.
How to Edit Footers:
We can edit the footer only from the Page Layout section. Here, we can change the margin of the page and adjust the position of the footer.
- Go to the Page Layout tab first.
- Then, choose the Margin option from the ribbon.
- Now, a window will appear with some default margin options.
- There is an option named Custom Margins. Click on that option.
- The Page Setup window appears.
- Choose the Margins tab.
- Now, adjust the measurement of the Bottom and Footer section.
Now, click the Print Preview and see whether further changes are needed or not.
How to Remove Footers:
As we added the footer in two different ways, we can also remove it in those ways.
- First, click on the Footer of the Excel sheet.
- Then, the Headers & Footers tab appears.
- Click on the Footer field.
- Choose the (none) option from the list.
The footer will vanish now.
We can also remove the footer from the Page Layout option.
- Enter the Page Setup window as shown before.
- Click on the down arrow for the Footer box.
- Choose the (none) option again. Finally, press the OK button to remove the footer completely.
Read More: How to Edit Header in Excel
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
In this article, we described how to insert a footer in Excel. We also added how to edit and remove the footer from Excel. I hope this will satisfy your needs. Please have a look at our website Exceldemy and give your suggestions in the comment box.
- How to Move Header in Excel
- How to Maintain Excel Header Alignment
- How to Insert Logo in Excel Header
- How to Remove a Header in Excel
- How to Keep Header in Excel When Printing
- How to Insert a Footer in Excel
- How to Edit Footer in Excel
- How to Add The Footer Page 1 To The Current Worksheet
- How to Use Header and Footer in Excel
- How to Hide Header and Footer in Excel
- How to Remove Header and Footer in Excel