Microsoft Excel is a helpful program that lives up to its name. With Excel‘s tools and functions, we can do an almost endless number of things with a dataset. There are several ways to show even numbers in Excel, and this post will cover four of the most common and easy ones. So, use these four suitable ways to determine If a number is Even in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
You can get a free copy of the sample workbook we used in the lecture by clicking on the link below.
4 Suitable Ways to Determine If a Number Is Even in Excel
To provide a demonstration, let’s investigate a sample dataset. For instance, the following dataset has two columns titled Number and Even. The Name column contains some numeric values. In contrast, the other column will indicate whether the number is Even or not. We will use the four methods to find the Even numbers in Excel. In addition, I have yet to say that I have been working with the Microsoft Excel 365 version for this post. Nevertheless, you are free to use any other edition that will provide you with the most significant amount of convenience.
1. Utilize ISEVEN Function to Find Even Number
We can find the ISEVEN function inside the Information functions section of Excel. The ISEVEN function will produce FALSE if the number is not even, which indicates that the number is odd, and it will respond TRUE if the number is even. Follow these instructions to complete the assignment.
- First, select the C5 cell.
- Second, input the following formula in C5.
- After that, hit Enter or Tab key.
- Consequently, we will see the outcome below.
- Presently, we need to apply the same formula for the subsequent cells.
- To achieve this, hold the AutoFill Handle icon and move it to C10.
- As a result, we will find the intended output as follow.
Read More: How to Use Database Functions in Excel (With Examples)
2. Combine IF and MOD Functions to Get Even Entries in Excel
One of Excel‘s most used tools, the IF function, determines whether or not a given number is consistent with a predetermined condition. When dividing within Excel, we may use the MOD function to determine the residual value. We may use both functions in this setting to decide which integers are even. Please use these steps to complete the assignment.
- Insert the following equation into cell C5.
- Click the Enter or Tab key after that.
- As a result, the result is displayed below.
- We will now use this formula for the following cells.
- Drag the AutoFill Handle up to the C10 cell.
- Finally, it will produce the desired output like the below one.
Read More: How to Use DOLLAR Function in Excel (5 Suitable Examples)
3. Merge IF and ISODD Functions to Determine Even Numbers
If the value is an odd number, the ISODD function in Excel will return TRUE, and if it’s an even number, it will return FALSE. To get even numbers, we’ll combine the ISODD and IF operations. If you follow these instructions, you should have no trouble finishing the project.
- Select the C5 cell first.
- Second, enter the formula below in cell C5:
- Then, press the Enter or Tab key.
- Consequently, the result will be displayed below.
- Currently, we must apply the same formula to succeeding cells.
- To accomplish this, press and drag the AutoFill Handle symbol to cell C10.
- Thus, it will display the desired output.
Read More: How to Use DCOUNT Function in Excel (5 Suitable Examples)
4. Run Excel VBA Code to Find a Number If Even
We can develop VBA code for the Determination of Even numbers and execute it. Please follow the instructions below to complete the assignment efficiently.
- First, navigate to Developer.
- Second, choose Visual Basic.
- After that, click Insert, followed by Module.
- Now, type the code below into the module box.
Sub DetermineEvenNumber() Range("C5").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=ISEVEN(RC[-1])" Selection.AutoFill Destination:=Range("C5:C10"), Type:=xlFillDefault End Sub
- To conclude, press F5 or select the Run icon.
- Thus, it will provide the desired output below.
Read More: Can Excel DGET Return Multiple Records [See 4 Solutions]
Applying the methods we’ve discussed, you can check If a number is Even in Excel. The ExcelDemy Website features a plethora of similar content. Keep using them, and let us know if you have other ideas for finishing the project. Remember to use the comment section for questions, feedback, or suggestions.