In Excel, graphs are so important to visualize data or results after any kind of operation. Most of the time, for business purposes, there is no need to show equations of the graphs. But for academic or research purposes, we need to show equations to forecast or understand what trend is the chart following. So, in this article, we are going to discuss how to Show Equation in Excel Graph.
How to Show Equation in Excel Graph: 3 Easy Steps
Show equation in Excel graph is a simple way. You can easily show equation in Excel graph by following some easy steps. However, let’s take a dataset of Sales Reports on ABC Traders. The dataset has 2 columns called B & C where the columns indicate Days and Sales respectively. The dataset ranges from B4 to C12. Here, In this portion of this article, I will show 3 easy steps to show equation in Excel graph. Hope you will understand the steps easily and enjoy the article.
Step 1: Insert a Scattered Chart
- First, Select the data table ranging from B5 to C12.
- Then, Go to the Insert tab in your Toolbar.
- After that, Select the Scattered Plot
- Hence, Select the first option of the scattered plot.
- As a result, you will find your graph like the one below.
Step 2: Add a Trendline in Graph
- Click on the graph first.
- Then, Select the “+” icon on the right side of the graph.
- After that, Select the options Axis Title, Chart Title & Trendline.
- Go to the More Options to add the equation.
- After changing the Titles your graph will be just like the one given below.
- A window will pop up on the right side of the graph after clicking more options.
- Select the icon indicated in the next picture.
- After that, Scroll down to the options.
- Hence Select the Display Equation on Chart.
Read More: How to Find the Equation of a Line in Excel
Step 3: Show Equation from Format Trendline Command
- At the last stage, you will find the graph with equations like the one below.
- Moreover, Change the trendline option from Linear to Exponential.
- Select the Display Equation on Chart.
- You can see the result just like the one given below.
- Again, Select the Logarithmic option and Select the Display Equation on Chart.
- Hence, you will find the graph just like the one given below.
- Lastly, Select the Polynomial and Set the Order 3.
- Select the option Display Equation on chart.
- As a result, you will find a graph like the one below.
Things to Remember
- In this example, as my dataset represents a linear equation, the equation found in the chart is linear. However, if your trendline becomes nonlinear, you will find a non-linear equation.
Download Practice Workbook
Download the practice workbook and practice yourself.
In this article, I have tried to discuss the steps of a method to show equation in Excel graph. I hope this will help to increase your Excel skills. Thank you for having faith in us. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comment section.
- How to Find the Equation of a Trendline in Excel
- How to Get Y Equation on Excel Graph
- How to Create Equation from Data Points in Excel
- How to Use Trendline Equation in Excel
- How to Find Slope of Trendline in Excel
- How to Find Slope of Polynomial Trendline in Excel
- How to Find Intersection of Two Trend Lines in Excel