Excel is the most widely used tool for dealing with massive datasets. We can perform myriads of tasks of multiple dimensions in Excel. Though Excel is not a database tool, we can use it to create a manual membership database. In this article, I will explain how to create a membership database in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this workbook and practice while going through the article.
6 Steps to Create a Membership Database in Excel
To elucidate the method, I have divided it into 6 easy steps. Let’s see them one by one.
Step 1: Set Headings
The first step is to set headings for the database. In our case, we have ID, Name, Cell No, and Zone.
Read More: How to Create a Simple Database in Excel VBA
Step 2: Enter 1st Record
The next step is to enter the 1st record. In this step, we will simply enter it.
Step 3: Adjust Formatting
The next step is setting up the format. In this dataset, I will just format the Cell Number. You can format your database as per your wish and requirements.
To do so,
- Select D5.
- Then, select the icon shown in the image.
- Format Cells box will appear.
- Then, select Custom
- After that, change the type.
- Then, click OK.
- Excel will change the format.
- How to Use Database Functions in Excel (With Examples)
- Create a Relational Database in Excel (With Easy Steps)
- How to Create a Searchable Database in Excel (2 Quick Tricks)
- Intro to Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) Concepts!
Step 4: Create Table
The next step is the creation of a table. To do so,
- Press CTRL+T.
- Then, Create Table box will appear.
- Click OK.
- Excel will create a table.
Step 5: Modify Quick Access Toolbar
Next, I will modify the quick access toolbar. To do so,
- Right-click your mouse on the ribbon.
- Then, select Customize the Ribbon.
- After that, the Excel Options window will appear.
- Then, select the Quick Access Toolbar.
- After that, select the drop-down shown in the image.
- Then, select All Commands.
- After that, from the command list, select Form.
- Then, click Add >>.
- Excel will add the Form
- Then, press OK.
- How to Create a Client Database in Excel (With Easy Steps)
- Create an Employee Database in Excel (with Easy Steps)
- How to Maintain Customer Database in Excel
- Create Inventory Database in Excel (3 Easy Methods)
Step 6: Enter New Records
Next, I will enter new records. To do so,
- Select the Form from the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Then, select New.
- After that, input the details.
- Then, select New
- Excel will add the new record.
- Complete the table following this method.
Read More: How to Create a Database with Form in Excel
Things to Remember
- Excel is not database software.
- You can use Microsoft Access to create a database.
In this article, I have elucidated how to create a membership database in Excel. I hope it helps everyone. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or feedback, please feel free to comment below. Please visit Exceldemy for more valuable articles like this.