SLA is one kind of contract between companies to ensure the service quality of a product or service. SLA is very important to maintain service quality. This article will discuss how to calculate SLA percentage in Excel.
Download Practice Workbook
Download this practice workbook to exercise while you are reading this article.
What Is SLA and SLA Percentage?
SLA stands for service level agreement. It expresses the level of service quality the customer expects from the vendor or service provider. It also includes a set of penalties if the service level is below the expected value.
And SLA percentage is the presentation of SLA in percentage. It can express as the amount of service served following the SLA criteria divided by the total amount of service served by the vendor in percentage form. The formula for the SLA percentage is given below.
Steps to Calculate SLA Percentage in Excel
Here, we will discuss all the steps to calculate SLA percentage in Excel in detail.
In this article, we will show the SLA conducted by a logistic service provider and electronics product manufacturer. Assume that the manufacturer informs the logistic provider to collect the product from 9:00 AM to 02:00 PM every day and the logistic provider will collect the product within 4:00 PM according to the SLA. But the logistic provider can also collect the product after 4:00 PM but within 6:00 AM and they will get a 25% penalty for late collection of the product according to the SLA. Now, we will calculate the SLA percentage in Excel to express this scenario.
📌 Step 1: Calculate SLA Percentage with Formula
- We noted the data on the datasheet of Excel.
- Go to Cell C8 and put in the following formula.
This is created based on the division of the product collected within the SLA criteria and the total number of products collected on that day.
- Press the Enter
Read More: How to Apply Percentage Formula for Multiple Cells in Excel (5 Methods)
📌 Step 2: Apply % Format in Excel to Get SLA Percentage
We get the result in decimal form. But we want to get the result in percentage form. Change the format of Cell C8. Press Ctrl + 1.
- Format Cells window appears.
- Choose Percentage from the Number tab.
- Choose the number of decimal places.
- Finally, press the OK button.
We get the SLA percentage.
Read More: Calculate Percentage in Excel VBA (Involving Macro, UDF, and UserForm)
In this article, we described in detail the process to calculate the SLA percentage in Excel. I hope this will satisfy your needs. Please have a look at our website Exceldemy.com and give your suggestions in the comment box.
- How to Calculate Total Percentage from Multiple Percentages in Excel
- Why Are My Percentages Wrong in Excel? (4 Solutions)
- How to Calculate Absenteeism Percentage in Excel (2 Easy Ways)
- Calculate Savings Percentage in Excel (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Calculate Percentage of Filled Cells in Excel (7 Easy Ways)
- Show One Number as a Percentage of Another in Excel
- How to Use IF and Percentage Formula in Excel (2 Easy Ways)